PDA

View Full Version : Help with Drop Down!!!!

masears88
11-26-2008, 07:21 PM
I have been trying to figure out how to do a drop down in dreamweaver cs4 other than spry. I don't like how they have things in there. I am trying to do a drop down like the one on the featherlite site. http://www.fthr.com I would really appreciate someones help on this. I know it will take a series of css styles and javascript i would just like to hear what someone has to say to see if they know how to create it. Thanks for your help!

domedia
11-26-2008, 08:15 PM
We have a tutorial for dropdowns in our tutorial section:
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-dhtml-menu.php

If you want it exactly like the website you posted, look in their source, all the HTML, CSS and the JavaScript file is available.

masears88
11-26-2008, 08:46 PM
I did download the whole site, i imported the whole thing and i still can't seem to figure out what they have done to get the pictures there i know its just a change of position of the background to show the images because thats all they are. Its all in a table as well. I just don't understand how to do the javascript to make the drop down appear and to make the tables there but not there untill you scroll over them. Even when i downloaded the site the menu still doesn't show up like its really tiny or something.

domedia
11-26-2008, 09:13 PM
If you cannot edit a JavaScript file without knowing what's going on, you should try to use the design interface in DW.

masears88
12-01-2008, 02:01 PM
So what are you saying that i can use the interface in dreamweaver to be able to create the javascript that i need to be able to create a drop down?

Chapo
12-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Masars88.... did you already figured out how to do the drop menu ?

masears88
12-03-2008, 01:47 PM
No i haven't figured it out. I went ahead and started to design the rest and i was just coming back to it, i really have no idea how to create something like that, i was trying to find a program that would allow you to change the property of each element so that i could do like the css is and use the link, visted; hover, active properties. Because after importing the featherlite site it showed thats how they did it, but it all looks way to organized for someone to have hand coded that. And i was just wondering if someone could help out and let me know if there is a product that can make a menu like that or help me out on how to do this. Im actually a co-op student working on this site and this is my first one, and i don't have any one above me helping me, im the only one working on this. So i would really appriciate any help thanks!

domedia
12-03-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm confused.. this was your first question and you were given a tutorial link. What more do you need?

Tip: email featherlite and asked them how they made it, if you want exactly what they have.

masears88
12-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I tried to. They had an outsource company do the website for them. But i did take a look at the tutorial and i think that i might have done it. Ive gotten one button down so im going to try the rest and hope it works the way i want it!!

Chapo
12-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Well.... i will do it using a simple but powerfull technique... do everything in DIV's... and just use the behavior Show/Hide Elements. This will work great. When you rollover the Button a new layer will apear, rollout it dissapears on so on. Look for a tutorial for Hide/Show Elements and you will see how simple it is and powerfull at the same time, forget about spry, this bahvior does the java for you.