PDA

View Full Version : Space below image and text

alfo111
11-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi to everyone, brand new to the site and to dreamweaver, and struggling...

i'm studyng journalism and i've chosen 'online journalism' for my advanced project for my final year...I have to build my own news website...

i've built my template and have a home page to link to on the net but when i'm adding an image to my one of my story pages, the website has extended enormously! so when i view it online there are masses of space below the text and the image...

originally i hadn't edited or cropped the image so they were massive, i've now cut those images out, cropped them on microsoft office picture manager saved them to my asset file and then dragged them over but still the website page is huge??

any ideas?

sorry but i'm not too good at this stuff - PLEASE HELP!!!

domedia
11-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Any ideas about what? I cannot see the code :)
See the link in my signature, and provide a URL please.

alfo111
11-25-2008, 01:22 PM
i'm talking 'total' novice here (sorry) - do you mean the link that enables you to see it online? that is:

www.student.ljmu.ac.uk/mcaafont/dreamsite/Home.htm

domedia
11-25-2008, 01:48 PM
You're designing your website using tables, not a good idea, but I can see how it might help you visualize what's going on. It's not how we design websites though anymore :)

Remove the heights you forced on your table cells and you should be fine.

ps. I changed the title of this thread. Please try to keep the thread titles descriptive as a topic.

alfo111
11-25-2008, 01:57 PM
thanks, noticed the change and your one is alot better than mine, i only read your: 'please read this...' after i had posted (sorry, was panicking)

thanks for your help, it's grately appreciated, any more probs i'll get back to you

cheers

Alex.

alfo111
11-25-2008, 02:04 PM
it worked - cheers again.

alfo111
11-28-2008, 11:37 AM
hi again, it seems to be happening again. - on my template i've got my table cell heights to zero and baseline, it seemed to work last time but i've put in another pic on the same page (after editing it on pic manager) and there is still space at the bottom..when i view the page on F12 there is too much space...

can you help?

Alex.