PDA

View Full Version : Link Styles

Newbieweaver
11-21-2008, 01:56 AM
Hi!

Ok, I know this has been addressed and an example has even been posted, but I don't understand code (I know, I'm clearly not a graphic designer!) SO if I want to add differing link styles on my page, how can do that through CSS? What is the process?

Thanks SO SOOOOOOO much!

coloeagle
11-21-2008, 02:04 AM
In simple, create the different link styles in the css giving different class names for each. Then in the links html you add the class that you want for each.

edbr
11-21-2008, 02:24 AM
check the link different links in my signature

Newbieweaver
11-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Hi!

Yes, I've seen your posting before, but I have no idea what it means! What steps do I need to do in dreamweaver to get that coding? Thanks so much!

Newbieweaver
11-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Ok. I have that, but it only lets me choose one class per page. If I try to change one link, it changes all of them! Let me clarify. I created an external CSS page.

Am I adding a class onto that page? Or creating a whole new page? And if you add this new class only to the page, how do you pick which class to use on the link?

edbr
11-21-2008, 03:36 AM
in code <a class="class" href......
that assigns the class that you specify in this case class is the name of the class . so if you define your a,alink a hover,a visited then that link will appear as you specify

domedia
11-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Has this been added to the sticky? It'd be pretty easy just ro point to the dw forum sticky every time this question comes up :)
Or someone write a comprehensive tutorial on it.

Corrosive
11-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Has this been added to the sticky? It'd be pretty easy just ro point to the dw forum sticky every time this question comes up :)
Or someone write a comprehensive tutorial on it.

Ed has added it as a sticky Dom.

Newbieweaver
11-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Ok, I added a class! Now, HOW do I define which class to use on my link? I attach the external style sheet, and then what do I manually do? Thank you thank you thank you!!

domedia
11-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Isn't it just highlighting the link and adding the class in the properties panel?