PDA

View Full Version : Locked layer with text

rema86
11-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Alright so I designed a layout in photoshop, uploaded it onto dreamweaver and centered it. Now I need to add text on top of my image layout.

So I made a layer and put my text into it, but when i preview my webpage and resize the window, the text layer moves all over the place.

How can i make it lock into 1 place so when the window resizes the layer does not move?

Is there any easier/other way in doing it?

Thanks,

Corrosive
11-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Alright so I designed a layout in photoshop, uploaded it onto dreamweaver and centered it. Now I need to add text on top of my image layout.

So I made a layer and put my text into it, but when i preview my webpage and resize the window, the text layer moves all over the place.

How can i make it lock into 1 place so when the window resizes the layer does not move?

Is there any easier/other way in doing it?

Thanks,

This is not the correct way to build a website. You need to slice up your design, reposition it all in DW using relative divs and CSS and then add your html text.

rema86
11-20-2008, 05:56 PM
This is not the correct way to build a website. You need to slice up your design, reposition it all in DW using relative divs and CSS and then add your html text.

I did slice up my design and opend it in DW, now do i have to put into a relative div? how do i add the html text? would you mind hlping me out by explaining some of this stuff?

Corrosive
11-20-2008, 06:01 PM
I did slice up my design and opend it in DW, now do i have to put into a relative div? how do i add the html text? would you mind hlping me out by explaining some of this stuff?

It's a lot to explain but is the basis for modern web design. CSS means that you separate content from style. The div tags hold your text and then you link in a style using a cascading style sheet (or CSS) which tells the browser where to position the tag on the page. Have you ever done view > source on your browser to see how a website is constructed? Try it on one of my sites (in my signature link) and you'll see what I mean.