PDA

View Full Version : layouts = am i picky?

sensorai
11-17-2008, 08:18 PM
What do people usually start on first when designing a layout in photoshop? I don't know if i'm just extremly picky, but it seems every minute element your change or move offsets the whole page and seems a painfull process of moving pieces around adding text. I could literally sit for 8 hours straight and sometimes not have accomplished something i'm happy with.

I have a problem with colours, i like dark, greys...and highlights. Anytime I try adding a colour i think it looks cheesy. Took me awhile to clue in as to how to highlight areas I want focus on, which has saved me alot of time...

Any suggestions for how to get back to colours?

domedia
11-17-2008, 10:27 PM
What do people usually start on first when designing a layout in photoshop? I certainly don't. Photoshop is not the perfect place for setting the architecture and wireframes.

Rob_Che
11-18-2008, 10:26 AM
I do design a site layout in Photoshop. I find it the quickest way to get my ideas down and working. The layout often changes when I start actually building it but I prefer to try and achieve my designs with CSS rather than design around what I can already do - I find it more challenging that way.

In response to the colour/layout thing... I think it's just practice.
As a project, why not head over to CSSElite.com / csscreme.com and see if you can get some colour ideas. There is a website that is dedictaed to harmonising colour.. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

edbr
11-19-2008, 01:20 AM
someone once said on this site , start with some paper and a pencil. not a bad way!

Rob_Che
11-19-2008, 10:19 AM
someone once said on this site , start with some paper and a pencil. not a bad way!
Absolutely ! It's the quickest way to get ideas down.