PDA

View Full Version : Template Breaking?

afield69
11-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Why exactly does this happen? It's getting very frustrating and nobody seems to know how to prevent it. For those of you who are unsure as to what I'm referring to, it's basically where you add some content to a layout and the slices or images break away from each other and create a mess. I've got as far as:

Slicing the layout.
Opening up in DW, centering the layout and creating a div container for it all to sit in.
I then use the simple method of deleting an "image", creating a div and inserting the image again as a background, it is now editable.What exactly is the procedure after completing these steps? I add a few lines of text and it decides to break, i try adding a form and it breaks. Am i doing something wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

domedia
11-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Sounds like everything on your website is a square slice, am I right?

afield69
11-17-2008, 10:06 PM

You are indeed!

afield69
11-18-2008, 05:11 PM

Is this an issue?

domedia
11-18-2008, 05:36 PM
I've never exported slices from PS (I slice it up manually), so I wouldn't know how to do it with this approach.

Anyone else?

afield69
11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I've never exported slices from PS (I slice it up manually), so I wouldn't know how to do it with this approach.

Anyone else?

How do you mean manually slice it? Does this prevent the problem I'm having?

domedia
11-18-2008, 07:52 PM
I manually select the parts I want from a PSD file and save it for manual insertion into the website. I think only knowing how HTML/CSS works would save you from what you're doing, but I've never followed your approach so someone else who's doing that will help you out.