PDA

View Full Version : My PC IS DEAD BLUE SCREEN!!

africano
11-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi, I turned on my pc and found out Ive got a dreaded Blue screen! It just boots up, displays the blue screen and restarts again.
I cant load safe mode or last known configuration.
Ive tried fixing my Operating system with the cd but nothing happens.
Ive been messing and have managed to install another Windows xp(along with the one that is not booting) I can load this OS and once inside I can see all my files etc on my hardrive and open them. So Everything is there and Ive managed to install windows xp...But if I load the old windows xp I get the blue screen

I suppose the obvious thing would be to copy all my files, programs etc that I want to keep to an external HD, Format and get rid of Both Operating systems and make a new install...but is there no way of saving my old OS and fixing the Blue Screen?:confused::(

davidj
11-11-2008, 06:52 PM
im sorry mate

i don't have a blue screen repair tool this is because the blue screen is not the problem. The blue screen just informs

do you get an error

edbr
11-11-2008, 11:54 PM
sounds like move the files or re install windows to me

africano
11-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi, Ive moved the files and formatted and Installed windows again.

Now I seem to have the same problem as when I first bought my pc. I dont know if I asked this on this forum but I fixed the issue when I first got my pc.

The resolution(or size or whatever) is all wrong. Everything looks too big..Icons,text,everything!

How can I fix this and How can I configure this?
EDIT: Eveything is also very jagged....

Please help me!!

davidj
11-13-2008, 11:50 AM
eh!

right click > Properties > settings > adjust display settings to your liking

May need to update drivers

Corrosive
11-13-2008, 04:00 PM
eh!

right click > Properties > settings > adjust display settings to your liking

May need to update drivers

This is a driver issue. As DJ says you will need to re-install all of your drivers.

phantom freak
12-06-2008, 05:13 AM
Yip it's a driver issue. If you want this to go away buy a mac. all the drivers come with the os.

d a v e
12-06-2008, 05:29 AM
Yip it's a driver issue. If you want this to go away buy a mac. all the drivers come with the os.

good answer!
obviously a lot cheaper and easier than just installing a couple of drivers!

Corrosive
12-06-2008, 07:10 AM
good answer!
obviously a lot cheaper and easier than just installing a couple of drivers!

d a v e, you beat me to it. If you don't keep the driver discs for your PC then you deserve for it all to go horribly wrong!

Just put them away somewhere safe when you build or buy your PC and 'hey presto' a cheaper alternative to entirely replacing your PC with a MAC when it goes a bit wrong :wink:

There's a credit-crunch busting tip for you.

phantom freak
12-06-2008, 08:18 AM
must be lots of anti-mac guys here. :-D that's great. Us mac guys need that every now and then so we can remind ourselves about how good we have it. ;-)

Hey but everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

If Microsoft made movies...
1. You wouldn't be able to eat popcorn, drink a coke and watch the movie at the same time.
2. If the popper was popping corn, and they were selling a candy bar, the movie would pause.
3. They would announce that the next versions of the movie would enable colour blind people to watch in colour, and the deaf to hear it.
4. The film would break every 15 minutes and in the most important parts.
5. They would announce new breakthroughs in movie technology - colour and sound - forgetting that most other movies have had these for years.
6. Every new movie would require a new projector.
7. The projector would claim to take 32mm in film size, but in reality it would only show 16mm magnified to make it look like 32mm.
8. They would claim to have invented comedies.
9. They would promise you an action/ adventure flick starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sandra Bullock, but it would be 3 years late and end up being a sappy love story with Jim Carey and Madonna.
10. Their projectors must have reset buttons, requiring you to start the movie over and over to have any hope of seeing the entire film.

Corrosive
12-06-2008, 09:35 AM
must be lots of anti-mac guys here. :-D that's great. Us mac guys need that every now and then so we can remind ourselves about how good we have it. ;-)

Hey but everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

Not anti PC or MAC. It's a pointless argument because you use what suits you best.

I was commenting on your solution to having to spend ten minutes reloading the drivers for your PC...which was 'buy a MAC'. :lol:

d a v e
12-06-2008, 11:56 AM
i'm not anti-mac at all. just anti-useless comments :)

davidj
12-06-2008, 11:59 AM
i'm not anti-mac at all. just anti-useless comments

// useless

# useless

/* useless */

; useless

<!-- useless -->

Me too!

phantom freak
12-06-2008, 04:22 PM
yak yak yak.

d a v e
12-06-2008, 04:37 PM
yak yak yak.
think i'll go and buy a mac ... ;)

Corrosive
12-06-2008, 04:46 PM
think i'll go and buy a mac ... ;)

d a v e, the laces have broken in my Adidas trainers. Would you suggest that I spend 2 replacing them or shall I spend 80 on some Nike because my mate says the laces will last longer?

d a v e
12-06-2008, 06:44 PM
i was being sarcastic in the face of the ever eloquent phantom freak.
this thread is boring now :)

phantom freak
12-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Once again yak yak yak. The instability of web developers is hilarious. One like thing and off the handle they go. It's freaking great.

Corrosive
12-06-2008, 11:54 PM
i was being sarcastic in the face of the ever eloquent phantom freak.
this thread is boring now :)

I know mate, I was adding to the sarcasm :wink:

domedia
12-07-2008, 01:53 AM
That was our ever returning Neonfluxx/dreamlynx, someone that is not welcome anymore at these forums. Banned him again.. let's hope (again) that he grows up and leaves this forum alone.

Corrosive
12-07-2008, 08:19 AM
That was our ever returning Neonfluxx

Ha, ha. I knew it!

davidj
12-07-2008, 01:07 PM
haha

he just cant keep away

sad little man

domedia
12-07-2008, 04:03 PM
It's sad and hilarious at the same time..
Every forum has one of these guys, without exception. Like every reality show has a crazy person, and like every village has a village idiot.

The worst thing is that is a grown man. He might not be as old as most of us, but he's till not a kid. If I did not know his age, I'd guess it was a pissed of teenager.

This is what waited for us in the forum email this morning:

Your wasting your time banning me. as i can get in when ever you want. I have the ability to get passed your little band. When are you gonna face me like a man? When Dom? I will never go away. I will put the forum in an uproar every time i come in. You are fighting a match you can't win. Now Face Me Like A Man!

Show me your not the pussy I think you are.

That was the funny part ;)

Rob_Che
12-07-2008, 08:39 PM
medical-dictionary.com

Definition

"Schizophrenia is a psychotic disorder (or a group of disorders) marked by severely impaired thinking, emotions, and behaviors. Most schizophrenics, if untreated, gradually withdraw from interactions with other people, and lose their ability to take care of personal needs and grooming.

In recent year, internet forums have become swamped with deluded animation programmers who cannot see that their actions are embarrassing and no more than a mild inconvenience. These actions are often acompanied with outrageous claims about their work, some have even been known to plagiarise other's work and pass it off as their own. These people need help and possibly urgent medical treatment."

Can't argue with the experts ! :wink:

davidj
12-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Calling Dr rob

davidj
12-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Ove

What does he want. Pistols at dawn

How does he find time to create these fantastic animations

domedia
12-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Honestly, I don't know what he wants. He's not getting back in here, he knows that, and continuing with his particular 'behavior' is not going to help his already battered reputation.