PDA

View Full Version : Run a test for me please

Ricky55
11-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Can some one look at this page in IE 7 running on Windows Vista for me.

http://www.elizabethmartin.co.uk/

Hover your mouse cursor over the Flash slide show and see if you get the message click to activate this control.

In IE 6 & 7 on Windows XP it doesn't do this but in IE 7 on Vista it seems to but I'm running Vista via Parallels on the Mac so I just want to make sure on a PC.

This is crazy if it does, as this swf was embedded using Dreamweaver CS4's new swfobject embedding technology.

If some one could just let me know.

Thanks

Ricky55

domedia
11-10-2008, 01:53 PM
There's two publishing methods with swfobject, one of them eliminiates the 'click to activate', the other one does not.
http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/wiki/documentation

Ricky55
11-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah I know but I just want to know what Dreamweaver CS4 is doing by default.

Do you have Vista and IE 7? Could you just check for me?

I just can't understand why Adobe would choose to select a method that doesn't get rid of this, the code I'm using is just the code that Dreamweaver inserts when you click to embed Flash content. They would have been better staying with the old method if this is the case.

Ricky55
11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Its also strange that IE 6 & 7 seem fine in XP thats why I wanted someone to check.

domedia
11-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Your IE7 is not up to date I think. If I remember right, MS did an update on this.

Ricky55
11-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks for that Dom, well that could be right because I'm only running it on the Mac via Paralles and I don't tend to update that often.

So does it not do this on your version?

Ricky55
11-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Can some please just let me know if this pages views OK in IE 7 on the PC under windows Vista?

With regards to the Flash content, do you get the click to activate this control when you hover over the flash slide show with your mouse?

Thats all I want to know!!

http://www.elizabethmartin.co.uk/

joesp
11-11-2008, 04:15 AM
IE7 with Vista, and not getting a "click to activate this control".

Ricky55
11-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Thats great Joesp, I suspected that would be the case, it must be just my version of IE 7 thats out of date.

Can I ask, out of interest, are you running Vista service pack 1?

joesp
11-11-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm away from Vista until this evening. I'll let you know then.

Cary
11-12-2008, 03:53 AM
Works fine for me in Vista.

Cary
11-12-2008, 04:01 AM
With regards to the Flash content, do you get the click to activate this control when you hover over the flash slide show with your mouse?

Opera shows that message when hovering. Javascript needs to be used to embed the flash in order to avoid this, with the object tags being used only if javascript is disabled.

joesp
11-12-2008, 04:07 AM
Yes, I am running Vista Business with Service Pack 1.

pierat
01-21-2009, 08:48 AM
I tested your site on XP with Firefox 3.0.5 cause I have a similar problem with a swf i inserted using Dreamweaver CS4; i am not getting the 'click'-message (IE problem) but when I click the flash movie in your site a dotted border appears around the SWF-movie. Similar like the problem that occurred a few years ago.

Now I publish my movie in Flash CS4 and from the html-source I copy the javascript code and embed-part and paste it in my Dreamweaver page. But I think it's a serious Dreamweaver CS4 bug and should be fixed by Adobe asap.

Ricky55
01-21-2009, 06:10 PM
This is an old thread guys.

Once I updated IE7 with the latest updates it was fine.

Pierat if you are using Dreamweaver CS4 embed your SWF files from within Dreamweaver, insert Media Flash.

pierat
01-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Well, it may be fixed in IE7 but in Firefox it's still a problem. Not such a big one as in IE, but still. When I use Firefox and I click on the Flash movie on your page (http://www.elizabethmartin.co.uk/) a dotted border appears.

On your page it's not a problem. But I had a black page and the flash movie contained a few buttons. When you want to click the buttons you give focus to the flash movie and the border appears, and on a black screen that looks very ugly.
I discovered it only happens with a certain combination and nesting of DIV-tags. So I made that special page more simple and now it's better.