PDA

View Full Version : dynamic images and texts

shimble
11-09-2008, 06:28 PM
i am trying to create a page that will allow the user to scroll through an assortment of dynamic images and texts so far i have mangaed to create the database i have managed to join the tables with php and i can get the first dynamic image and text to the page....however i cannot acheive the next step which is to allow the user to scroll through the images with each image beeing populated with its own dynamic text
I would like to add a next button to the page which will advance the user through the database showing each image and relevant text...
So what is the best way of doing this using php i am stuck and have had a bit of a brain overdose with getting this far so if someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated

davidj
11-10-2008, 06:03 AM
are you wanting a paging script

next and previous pages

shimble
11-10-2008, 06:41 AM
first off ive got a page that is made up of dynamic links populated from a database table this links to the next page where im having problems....
i need to be able to advance through a table of photos that each have their own seperate text. images and photos are in seperate tables so ive used an inner join but the previous and next is beyond me so ive got a static page.

i downloaded an image advance script which works but it is just half of what i need (images only) i need a script that will join my dynamic image and text files together and advance both through the database list aswell.

????

shimble
11-10-2008, 10:57 AM
the script does not keep take my images from the database either which i would prefer, it takes them from the image folder on the site. it is easier to classify my images within the database

davidj
11-10-2008, 10:59 AM
i would ref them from the database

add a image name.extension

shimble
11-10-2008, 11:39 AM
well im stuck cant advance through the images dont know where to start looking