PDA

View Full Version : Finally up and running (well,jogging)

Steakaphagus
11-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi guys,
After many many hours of staring blankly at a screen and things I think I understand but really don't, I've finally got my site up and running - even got some google ads running too! This time next year Rodney........
Is it OK if I put a link here to my site for feedback? (don't want to break any rules :lol: ) Would really appreciate any comments (gently now, it's my first site!)

davidj
11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
sure

after 50 posts you can stick it in your signature

Steakaphagus
11-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks Davidj! The site is www.surgerywise.com (http://www.surgerywise.com)
Please be gentle but honest (its my first site)! The code will look extremely messy to most, but how does the site look and feel? It's aimed at being a health info site for patients, and I've tried to keep it as 'plain english' as possible. Also got google ads on a few pages - will eventually have side-banners on most pages, but I'm aiming to try and keep the site as 'clean' looking as poss.
Any feedback very much appreciated!

Rob_Che
11-08-2008, 11:08 PM
First site? it's great... Wish my first site was as good as that .

I see you're using tables (not for long, I assure you - CSS is the way to go) but you've included some CSS classes and styles already, cool.
H1 etc. Good work.

I'd be happy with that... Do you have any more problems outstanding ? I have a good script that I use for an email form if you need one ?

Cheers
Rob

Steakaphagus
11-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Hi Rob,
Yeah, only got as far as basic CSS stuff, and tables kind of fell into place as I'd used them a fair bit on Word - I'm sure I'll be using CSS more in the future though!
Forms were on my agenda for 'things to get sorted'. Kind of paranoid about spambots etc - would be v.interested if you have a good script though!!! Cheers