PDA

View Full Version : anything "graphic" in CSS

pelsar
11-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Heres the problem...i'm a graphic designer that likes best to "see what i am doing". The old system was design in Photoshop, divide the design into "rectangular elements via guidelines, export and then rebuild the table(s), use a few invisible gifs, some "table in table in table in table tricks, for spacing in Dreamweaver...and presto! a working site.

It doesnt appear that using CSS i have that option...do i really have to type in all of that code for each element, be it a graphic or a "holder for text"...or is there some kind of visual option that i can use to get started and then simply adjust the pre existing style sheets?

edbr
11-07-2008, 07:20 AM
using the css/design panel in the side bar lets you do this without coding

pelsar
11-07-2008, 08:51 AM
using the css/design panel in the side bar lets you do this without coding

i know of the right panel..the css style sheets show up there when i open my "exported photoshop" file and i've adjusted them (placed text with, moved margins etc)....but i understand the underlying code is not supposed to be very good or flexible

do you know anything about this?...or is my exported photoshop css code high quality, etc

edbr
11-07-2008, 09:04 AM
or is my exported photoshop css code high quality
code is either correct or wrong

CaliWilli
11-09-2008, 06:25 AM
oooh I think I know this one, try, view>visual aids>check all three CSS Layout options.