PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Grazi07
11-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Hey,

My name's Andrew, been lurking for a while and am starting to understand enough now to actually join.

I'm super new to this. I work in the long-term rental/property management field and am looking to build a listing site for my owners. Something where I can make a list of all my properties and have a page with a search feature to narrow things down. So far it's been me, the Missing Manual, and lots of trial and error. I'm still reading through all the tutorials and previous posts so I apologize in advance if my questions are redundant.

Corrosive
11-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey,

My name's Andrew, been lurking for a while and am starting to understand enough now to actually join.

I'm super new to this. I work in the long-term rental/property management field and am looking to build a listing site for my owners. Something where I can make a list of all my properties and have a page with a search feature to narrow things down. So far it's been me, the Missing Manual, and lots of trial and error. I'm still reading through all the tutorials and previous posts so I apologize in advance if my questions are redundant.

Nice of you to join us Andrew. Welcome.

Rob_Che
11-03-2008, 08:11 PM
No question is redundant if you need the answer ;)

Welcome...
Rob

domedia
11-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the forums Andrew!

Grazi07
11-03-2008, 10:48 PM
thanks all..

Here's what I've got so far www.coastalvacationssales.com

I've gotten that far using a Netidnow.com's webstudio, but it's really just a glorified Myspace. If you look at it, you'll see all the apartment listings. My goal is to make a searchable directory - i.e if you want a 2bed/2bath, you select that via dropdown menus and it presents you with all that we have. Our current design format won't allow it, so I've had to jump into Dreamweaver.

I'm bouncing through the W3school tutorials and a couple of books, but if anyone knows of other good resources I'd appreciate it.

coloeagle
11-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Nice to meet you Andrew.

Seems to me you are on the right path with w3c, here and your willingness to jump in and learn this stuff.

edbr
11-08-2008, 01:00 AM
welcome to the forum