PDA

View Full Version : downloading site? need some guidance

treeznos
10-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Ok so heres my situation. And yes i am a little bit of a noob when it comes to dreamweaver but i really want to learn. So my parents asked me to take over there business site (http://www.connecticutadvertising.com/). So im wondering if there is a way that in dreamweaver that i can download there entire site off the internet into DW and go from there?

edbr
10-31-2008, 12:57 AM
yes you can this up in your site definitios but personally i would advise using an ftp program like filezilla, there are more free ones but all do the same .
set the up a connection with it and download all the files to a folder on your computer then define your site to that folder in DW

treeznos
10-31-2008, 02:10 AM
thanks for your help. does anyone know any good tutorials for doing this?

edbr
10-31-2008, 02:41 AM
its pretty easy honest. down load an ftp and take a look , you will need settings like ftp.yourdomain.com and a password
add these to the ftp program (as an account) connect and you will see the files on your web server. from there you somply click and drag to a folder on your computer. and via vrsa when you want to upload

treeznos
10-31-2008, 02:55 AM
thanks a lot man. sorry im just a little new at all this so its a little confusing right now. Thanks for your help tho :-P