PDA

View Full Version : Browser Adjustment Problem

Ajax1450
10-28-2008, 03:28 PM
I have designed a webpage for my fathers company and the entire thing looks great but only on my computer and when firefox is in maximum display. How can fix this problem so the page readjusts to the size of the browser its being displayed on. I have tried the autostretch feature for the tables but that seems to stretch it farther wide than the webpage has. Thanks, any help would work b/c the entire site is being held up b/c of this problem as nothing will align on any computer other than mine.

Corrosive
10-28-2008, 04:56 PM
I have designed a webpage for my fathers company and the entire thing looks great but only on my computer and when firefox is in maximum display. How can fix this problem so the page readjusts to the size of the browser its being displayed on. I have tried the autostretch feature for the tables but that seems to stretch it farther wide than the webpage has. Thanks, any help would work b/c the entire site is being held up b/c of this problem as nothing will align on any computer other than mine.

You need to use % widths if you want to have it resize with the browser. IMHO you want to steer clear of table based layout altogether and learn CSS and Divs.

Ajax1450
10-29-2008, 01:38 PM
That actually worked perfectly for the main frame of the site I created. But, it did not work for the fixed left (which is a picture in a table) and the nested top (which is a table that includes a banner picture, and the navigation links for the site) parts of the mainframe of the site. Any help would be wonderful, even if its a small suggestion for what how I could create it in CSS as this is such a small portion of the site that needs to be finished so I can get this damn thing up and running. Thanks.

Here is the code for the frameset:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
background-color: #999999;
}
-->
</style></head>
<frameset rows="*" cols="312,*" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frameset rows="*" cols="99,168">
<frame src="UntitledFrame-2.html" />
<frameset rows="484,44" cols="*">
<frame src="../Untitled-4.html" name="leftFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="leftFrame" title="leftFrame" />
</frameset>
</frameset>

<frameset rows="204,*" cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="no" border="0">
<frameset rows="*" cols="870,95">
<frame src="../Untitled-1.html" name="topFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="topFrame" title="topFrame" />
</frameset>

<frameset rows="259,78" cols="*">
<frameset rows="*" cols="869,96">
<frame src="Untitled-1.html" name="mainFrame" id="mainFrame" title="mainFrame" />
</frameset>

<frameset rows="39,36" cols="*">
<frameset rows="*" cols="869,96">
<frame src="UntitledFrame-1.html" />
</frameset>

</frameset>
</frameset>
</frameset>
</frameset>
<noframes><body>
</body>

domedia
10-29-2008, 03:03 PM
uhh.. what the hell is this? :) Why would you split you site up in multiple html documents like that using frames?

Cary
10-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Wow, whatever you're doing, there are much easier ways to go about it. As it is, you'll probably have to go without the frameset adjusting to window size. This means you'll need to use specific widths rather than just "*".