PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Area using PHP and MySQl

cocoonfx
10-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Hello

I have a page which displays customers feedback. I have a table called Feedback and a User table.

I then have a login page which uses the user table which seperates the admin from the normal user. I have an adminzone which displays the users and the levels, and emails etc... which i can update and amend no problems.

I then have a button which clicks through to the admin feedback area so that the admin person can amend or delete customers feedback.

The issues i have are the following.

On the Admin Feedback page i can not update or amend the records. And the delete function deletes the whole user account.

I am losing the will to live and i am desperate to get this finished, but i am stumbling my way through.

Can anyone either problem solve the attached or give me some pointers, or if anyone has and example of a simple login area where you can add feedback and manage users.

If i see how it properly done i will learn almost instantly. HELP!

gavimobile
10-22-2008, 08:29 PM
cocoonfx, im not sure i follow, but a delete query cannot delete 1 field from a row, it delted the entire row, thats why you have the update query, if you want you can change a filled in field to a empty field but most importantly, the row still exists.
take a look at the dwc tutorials in the tutorials section of this site, i think itll be very helpful!

gavi

davidj
10-22-2008, 10:05 PM
im teaching PHP one to one.

For Free!