PDA

View Full Version : can't see updated files in browser

jeanius
10-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I've been using DW to update my site daily for years. now all of a sudden when I upload my updated files I can't see the changes online. I've emptied the caches, looked at the site on different computers with different browsers but it always shows the same old version. I even deleted the file from the server and it still shows! and the strangest thing is, when I download the file in DW or other FTP clients I get the updated version of the file.
the updated file is on the server and the caches are emptied, so why can't I see the correct files?

davidj
10-22-2008, 02:08 PM
try ctrl + F5 when refreshing the page

domedia
10-22-2008, 02:10 PM
jeanius, it might be that your isp is caching some of the pages. Are you using AOL?

jeanius
10-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I tried ctrl + F5 when refreshing - didn't work.

the file is on the server. when I download it it shows correctly in DW.

I live in switzerland so I'm using a isp from here. do I need to contact them?

domedia
10-22-2008, 03:13 PM
You already emptied your cache so CTRL+f5 is not going to do anything different for you.

If you are 100% confident that you have the file on the correct place on the server, and that your ISP is not fetching it, I would call them. My guess is that you're uploading the files to the wrong spot.

Porke
10-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Sometimes the actual servers have cached versions of pages (between their server cluster) as to not increase their bandwidth. How long have you had the correct version uploaded?
I even deleted the file from the server and it still shows!
But I agree with domedia, they seem to be in a different directory/location than you are trying to access.

jeanius
10-22-2008, 08:50 PM
I've contacted my isp, there seems to be a problem on their side.
thanx for your help!