PDA

View Full Version : flash coach and XMl file

graemepark
10-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Im wondering if anyone fancies doing the ultimate thing in helping me with beginners flash and adding me to skype or DW...
(i am at a very basic level, i have followed basic tutorials to move shapes and stuff with motion tweening, but cannot do anything with actionscrip which is what i require)

i have downloaded some flash fla templates and i have added 1 to dreamweaver but when it loads the thumbnails that are ment to come up arent showing...they are in the same directory as the swf file but not working...they work when the swf is viewed locally not in DW

this is the xml

http://www.coolchile.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1&Product_Code=D9G&Category_Code=D9

Ricky55
10-19-2008, 12:44 AM
sounds like a problem with paths, remember any paths from an embedded swf into a HTML paths then need to be from the HTML page from where the swf is located, try open the FLA and viewing it in flash, if the files load in then in will definitely be down to paths. Bring data via XML is quite advanced for a beginner in flash although an excellent way to do things you may be better trying to build something more straight forward while you are learning.

You won't get any real use out of flash without learning action script, and if you do want to learn action script learn action script 3 don't try to get your head around AS2 if you're new the game start with AS3.

Ricky55
10-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Just read that back and it doesn't make that much sense for example

If your HTML file is in the root folder of your site and your swf file is in a folder called flashWork / movies or something once you embed the swf from the movies folder into the HTML page sitting in the root folder the paths need to be correct from the root folder.