PDA

View Full Version : previewing in a browser, image look slightly greyed out!!

djgriff
10-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone who may reaqd this post,

I am havinga problem with dreamweaver, i have created a page that has thumb nail images that launch a javascript with plays .mov files. when i previeew or upload to the server the images look grey/dull not bright and sharp as with the original. i took the images from another website and they look fine there but on mine they are just not right.

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this too happen.

Many Thanks

djgriff

Rob_Che
10-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Ripping someone else's images? tut tut.
Why don't you just hyperlink and use their bandwidth too?... sorry :roll:

Anyway. Can you post a link? How have you taken the pics, right click and "save as"? They should be the same image unless you've re-sampled them.

RC

Rob_Che
10-18-2008, 12:31 PM
and WELCOME ! :)

djgriff
10-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi rob thanks for the reply.
I managed to fix the prblem.. it seems that it was pulling a div layour that was a background layer over the top of the table for some weird reason.. just deleted the BG layor and its all fixed now.. but yeah thanks anyhow.
regards

Dan

Rob_Che
10-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Cool. Glad you got it sorted.

Ricky55
10-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Harsh Rob, harsh...

Rob_Che
10-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Harsh Rob, harsh...

It's OK with a smiley, no ? :)

Sorry if I did sound harsh djgriff (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/member.php?u=26063) - only jesting.

Ricky55
10-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Smiley's are a bit shit don't you think? not being funny but they don't appeal to me

Corrosive
10-19-2008, 06:26 AM
Smiley's are a bit shit don't you think? not being funny but they don't appeal to me

Hey Rich, put the can of worms down and step away from the conversation...

Rob_Che
10-19-2008, 01:20 PM
OT - but Ricky, it's sometimes difficult to get across the way in which you say something. Things that you would normally say with a cautionary look away or a wry smile (or a face of thunder) don't come across too well in text alone.

They are shit, from a cheesy - adding to the end of text way, but they can help you being misunderstood too. English is a very clever language, and when used cleverly, the same sentence can mean a multitude of things.

ok with that ? ;)