PDA

View Full Version : Images not loading,

Nevinryal
10-18-2008, 04:28 AM
Am I not referencing them right or something? I pulled these pages as they already were, saved them, opened in dreamweaver, changed 3 characters of text, saved, and uploaded, and viola none of the pages will load. What has happened in the course of my opening the page in DW? Sry I'm very new to this, so feel free to throw whatever remarks I deserve but I really am lost on this.

Images won't load, everything else works.

http://www.paulspizzaroma.net/appetizers.html

edbr
10-18-2008, 05:10 AM
you are saying an image ie appetizers_files/knots.gif i

s a file in your main directory . change it to the actual path for the image

edbr
10-18-2008, 05:12 AM
also it i better not to have spaces in names buffalo wings.gif is better named
buffalo_wings.gif same is true for web pages

Nevinryal
10-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Sry I haven't done anything with html in years and i'm trying to just update this site for a friend. I can't believe it takes so much time. I think I may have fixed it somewhat for the time being. I hate it though because I save a copy of the page on my pc, open it via dreamweaver and i think dreamweaver automatically starts screwing with the page. It auto changes the location that the page had for images to my Local disks, so then when i go to chnage something as trivial as text and then save the page and then try to upload it, none of the images can be loaded because they are thinking they are still on my computer and not on the web. What is it that i've gone about the wrong way doing?

edbr
10-18-2008, 08:56 AM
check your site definitons