PDA

View Full Version : Ezine Submission Advice

Dantplayer
10-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey guys, this isn't really an introduction since I've posted on these forums before. This should be the right forum on the site.

I'd like to ask some of your counsel,

Lately I've been submitting my written articles to two or three online e-zines. They've been publishing them (which is great).

I've recently decided to have my own blog, and stem my web page content out of the blog posts. I'm not sure if I want to continue submitting my articles to the online e-zines however. It gives my site traffic, but it doesn't make my content unique to my site.

What are your thoughts on this? Should I keep submitting articles (my short ones at least), or cut the BS and maintain exclusivity?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Rob_Che
10-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Hi there - moved this to the cafe... you get better coffee here ;)

I guess it depends on what sites you're posting on.

If the site that is showing your articles has good traffic it will probably increase yours, no?... I would say it would help. just make sure that when they do link back to your site, (and make SURE they do) there's more great stuff to keep them there!

Not really my area though... just my thoughts.

edbr
10-18-2008, 02:09 AM
its got to be your choice which you prefer more traffic or being exclusive.
I would think though,f the articles are interesting people will want more and come to your blog if not, they wont

Corrosive
10-18-2008, 08:14 AM
its got to be your choice which you prefer more traffic or being exclusive.
I would think though,f the articles are interesting people will want more and come to your blog if not, they wont

Why not split your content? Keep some exclusive and post some elsewhere, with links back to you for site, to drive traffic.

domedia
10-18-2008, 10:03 PM
This is basically a marketing/SEO question.
How do I use my articles to bring traffic to my website?
I have some experience, not much to brag about, but I see 3 strategies:
1. Publish the exclusively content on your own website.
2. Publish the content exclusively on an online 'mag' site or article website or similar.
3. Submit to a free article website where anyone can use your articles on their website.

I think you should rule out #3 right away. Doesn't make sense SEO wise, you'll get a bunch of duplicate non quality links from websites without unique content. This technique seems to be evangelized by alot of self proclaimed article experts that's been on the web for a few months and that read it from another person that had no clue ;-)

Great method. We use it for articles on this website. This is particulary good if your website is not old and established yet. This will get your name out, and if the article is good, will get you some SEO juice through a link to your website and someone else will take care of publishing the article. This method gets your article to a much larger reader group than just posting it on your own website.

Probably the best way once you've been around for a little bit. You should always make sure you're website is up to date ( like a blog ) but you can post your articles elsewhere until you've developed enough reader base on your own website.

Corrosive is probably right in that you should always keep it a balance. I would start off with trying to write for other website, and then write more and more for yourself. Once you get good, other websites will pay you to write for them. I wrote my first technical article for a larger website in 2002 (method #2 here ), and it's been gold as far as SEO goes, it still benefits me 6 years later.

I'll give you this advice Dan: Keep writing articles and submit them exclusively to one website only, and write exclusively for yourself as well. If you think an article is relevant for this website, I'd be more than happy to publish it for you as well :)