PDA

View Full Version : New MacPro

domedia
10-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Anyone looked at the new MacPros yet?
http://www.apple.com/

Zing
10-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey Domedia that's MacBook Pro and yes I got mine about 30 Mins ago.

domedia
10-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Can you tell I'm not a mac guy? :-)
Zing, Tell us PC folks how good it is? I know at least one guy who's switching over on this release.

Corrosive
10-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I know at least one guy who's switching over on this release.

I take it that's not DJ! :wink:

Zing
10-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Well it's very very nice. It's the nicest notebook I've seen by far. The construction is really something cool. It's really fast and It's very quite.

The graphics are amazing, but mac graphics normally are. I have installed windows on it as well so I am dual boot. But mac is expensive. I mean if you can get the job done with a cheaper Windows notebook then why make the jump. Yes I think mac is better by far but that's my opinion. I also use windows too.

So if you want a really good notebook then sure. But if your just doing email, internet, Photos and stuff like that. Then I would say this isn't for you. I really don't understand all the jive between Mac and windows anyway, I mean I think you purchase for your needs. I like Mac and I Like Windows. I think Mac is better but that's me. Buy to your needs, I think that's the best way to go.

edbr
10-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I like Mac and I Like Windows. I think Mac is better but that's me. Buy to your needs, I think that's the best way to go.
that's an unusually sensible comment on this subject.
saw a bumper sticker i thought was funny
apple for graphics,linux for servers and windows for solitaire
explains why i use windows :)

Zing
10-16-2008, 02:54 AM
That's funny ED! I would say that there are programs on windows that I wish were on mac. That's the only reason I use the windows. So it's really because I have no other choice. As for Linux, absolutely!!!! It is the best server platform for many reasons. I don't like windows as a server and yes solitaire is good to past the time.

Just my opinion though.

I will say this, Mac is the more stable platform over windows and vista is garbage.

davidj
10-16-2008, 05:10 PM
apple needs to put the mac book down and release a 160GB itouch before christmas so i can buy the zeppelin (http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=2466)