PDA

View Full Version : Totally not related to the web

cocoonfx
10-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Hello Chaps

I am working on a protype (the design) and i need to find some geek to put what i have drawn into a circuit board. Does anyone know anyone who can program microchips and build circuit boards?

I can not disclose what i am designing but its quite exciting for me..... :lol:

Rob_Che
10-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Any electrical company can make circuit boards (I'm sure there's a kit from Maplins in fact) but micro chips is a different matter altogether...

China is a good place to start :)

davidj
10-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Mmm interesting

i was a technician fixing format machines for mass production of floppy disks many years ago. In that time i scratched the surface of what your wanting to do.

you need to design the board first using a cad program (I think CAD has a circuit board template but this is expensive) I think there are free ones out there

You need a good level (at least HND) in Electronics

You need to get the board made up which may cost. This involves acid and other poisons.

The board is not programmed its self but an eprom which sits on the board is and you can get an eprom programmer from most electronic stores however its the programming language which you will need to be well versed. I'm not sure which language you use to do this but I'm thinking that C or VB may do the job.

id go and check the electronic forums out

they are in a better place to help

memories... That was a shite job!

cocoonfx
10-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks DJ and Rob

I did A level electronic but i was totally shite.... I could design PCB and draw the circuit designs but could i get anything to work..... not a chance.

Luckily for this little project the PCB is already built and so is the other part i just need to program the microchip and link that to the other part which will do what the mircochip. I may have a play myself as the components are cheap and i surpose all i could do is melt the micro chip..... Which this space

davidj
10-14-2008, 08:13 PM
and after all eproms are as cheap as chips!

sorry. I couldnt resist.