PDA

View Full Version : After splice, linking buttons creates gaps...

fabes253
10-13-2008, 04:11 AM
ok i am trying to self teach with video tutorials to build my first practice website.. I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 9.0 / Image Ready, and Dreamweaver CS3.

I created a template in PS and sliced it in IR. When I loaded it up in DW it was fine.

I selected the first slice i wanted to link, and i then linked it using the page properties. After the link, it put a blue outline around my slice and put spaces around it, therefore adding in all kinds of weird spaces through out my template.

I tried setting "underline link" to "never" but that didnt help.

Any ideas, and please be noob friendly, i been using DW for all of about 2 days now, and I am only self taught/video tutorials in PS and IR.

Thanks in advance.

edbr
10-13-2008, 04:18 AM
I tried setting "underline link" to "never"
text-decoration:none;

fabes253
10-13-2008, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the reply, obviously i had no idea what you mean, so i googled the code, and found a cool help page, said to copy and paste this in your "head" section of the code,

style type="text/css"
!--
a:link {text-decoration: none}
a:visited {text-decoration: none}
a:active {text-decoration: none}
a:hover {text-decoration: underline}
-->
/style

So i did... but when i go to link the first splice it still puts in these funky spaces, and a blue box around my splice.

Cary
10-13-2008, 04:48 AM
Replace this...
<style type="text/css">
!--
a:link {text-decoration: none}
a:visited {text-decoration: none}
a:active {text-decoration: none}
a:hover {text-decoration: underline}
-->
</style>

With this...

<style type="text/css">
a img {border:none}
</style>

fabes253
10-13-2008, 05:19 AM
That worked you are the man! tyvm.

Corrosive
10-13-2008, 05:59 AM
That worked you are the man! tyvm.

What Internet Explorer does is automatically put a border around images which are links...don't know why, it just does. Cary has quite rightly told you to cancel that border by telling browsers that any linked image 'a img' should have border: none;. Being new to DW/web design I think you'll need all the explanations you can get. Hope this makes sense. :)