PDA

View Full Version : problem with a page

Exoskeletor
10-12-2008, 10:56 PM
hello guys. i have made this website www.gogua.gr (http://www.gogua.gr) but i have a strange problem with some videos and internet explorer.
in the page http://gogua.gr/videos.html if you use internet explorer and you press refresh the page doesnt displayed correctly. does anyone knows why?
(when i open the page with dreamweaver it says that this page contains object tabs that may not work properly in earlier version of ie but if i press to change them then the videos doesnt show, it change the objects with a <script><noscript> which i dont know it)

Cary
10-13-2008, 02:48 AM
Check the validation of your page. These are just some of the errors.

Line 88:
You have ">" in middle of you opening script tag.

Line 115:
You have a new script tag, but you didn't close the script tag which was opened on line 104.

Line 135:
You have a closing noscript tag which was never opened.

Cary
10-13-2008, 02:51 AM
(when i open the page with dreamweaver it says that this page contains object tabs that may not work properly in earlier version of ie but if i press to change them then the videos doesnt show, it change the objects with a <script><noscript> which i dont know it)

This happens because of the settings in your preferences. Look under the "Code Rewriting" category and you'll see two check boxes related to Active Content. Make sure they are unchecked if you don't want to code changed, and you don't want to be asked.

Exoskeletor
10-13-2008, 07:30 AM
i want the site to work, i dont care about the messages

edbr
10-13-2008, 07:51 AM
then look at what cary is helping you with. these are mistakes not just warnings

Exoskeletor
10-13-2008, 08:34 AM
I have correct the mistakes but the problem exist. although i have found another solution.
I have update the player with the latest version and now it works ok... strange but if it works i dont care :)

domedia
10-13-2008, 01:25 PM
You should care. :)
If you want to be able to fix these things in the future, it helps to understand what's going on.

Exoskeletor
10-13-2008, 02:02 PM
well yeah but maybe it was a bug in the player. i haven't done anything special in that page, it should work in the first time

domedia
10-13-2008, 02:26 PM
The errors Cary mentioned in a previous post are mayor structural errors which will make parts, or all of the page, now show up in some browsers.