PDA

View Full Version : Needed: Tutorial on how to set up a php Newsletter

Starforth
10-12-2008, 04:24 AM
Can anyone point me towards a newbie friendly tutorial on how to set up a php/MySQL based database, and then use it to collect newsletter subscriptions?

I am really new at this, and I recently registered a site with 1and1, and successfully created a database. Now I need to learn how to create new tables and store stuff in them.

Pretty basic stuff, but its been surprisingly hard to find a tutorial on this simple matter.

domedia
10-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Can anyone point me towards a newbie friendly tutorial on how to set up a php/MySQL based database, and then use it to collect newsletter subscriptions? Check out some of th PHP/MySQL tutorials we have in the tutorials section to get started. This will show you some of the basics of PHP, storing and retrieving etc.

Pretty basic stuff, but its been surprisingly hard to find a tutorial on this simple matter.Not sure you have the right understanding of what it takes to make what you're looking for. :confused:

edbr
10-13-2008, 02:38 AM
i found problems with newsletters . i use one which sends between 1000-2000 mails a week, Within a very short time i ended up blacklisted with hotmail as a spammer, even though it is a members list. i found the best answer wa to use a ready made one tha has 'throttle' settings tha
1 detects the domain ans halts and creates a new session if it exceeds 9 mails to same domain
2 sends a limited number of mails per hour
without each of these can end have you recognised as spam and at least have your mails sent to bulk folders