PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help!!

antonyd
10-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi Guys

i am a newbie to Dreamweaver MX and to web creation aswell but i have been asked to link a series of web pages that have been purchased from a template company on the web.

there are are only 26 pages and i have managed to link them all. When I view in a browser though, there is, what only can be described as a glitch or "flash" when i go from navigation link to link. this happens whether i go quickly through the links or slowly.

I have run a series of tests within dreamweaver, and there are errors with tags without attributes and this ............. "absmiddle" is not valid value for the "align" attribute in any of the currently active versions. See the above warnings for more details.[HTML 4.0]....could this be the cause.

any help would be apprieciated

AD

Cary
10-11-2008, 07:10 PM
You can change "absmiddle" to "middle", but that most likely won't help with the flashing. URL to look at?

domedia
10-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Can you put this temporarily on the web for us to look at? It's just near to impossible to even guess without seeing it.

antonyd
10-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks

this link is at the back of my website, so dont be suprised if you get some strange pages from tonydrewassociates.co.uk as i think some of the pages have the same names!!!!

thanks for your help.

http://www.tonydrewassociates.co.uk/0112/HTML/website%20home.htm (http://www.tonydrewassociates.co.uk/0112/HTML/website%20home.htm)

domedia
10-11-2008, 10:39 PM
It's limited to IE only. My only suggestion would be to maybe ditch the tables design but I understand that the templates are purchased so it might not be within what you can do. I would actually try to contact the template company and ask them why their template has 'flash' going on in the most popular browser out there.

antonyd
10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
you are so right!!

my firefox browser is fine.....what can i do to sort this out??? can i convert within mx?. or should i bin the tables version and start again....this may be a bit above my talent level!!!

cheers ad