PDA

View Full Version : SEO - google

graemepark
10-10-2008, 11:25 PM
ive read around

sitemaps, metatags, more text than images, links on other sites etc etc

tried my best but still not getting any hits from google :s

can any1 optimise my site to get me found, even for a price?

davidj
10-10-2008, 11:49 PM
how much are you offering

edbr
10-11-2008, 02:15 AM
is it cached by google,and how old is it?

graemepark
10-11-2008, 11:04 AM
i have registered it and a xml sitemap with google but it still has a clock by it

Corrosive
10-11-2008, 11:05 AM
i have registered it and a xml sitemap with google but it still has a clock by it

When did you build, publish and register your site? Good ranking doesn't happen overnight. It can take months.

domedia
10-11-2008, 07:57 PM
graemepar URL please.

Most of things you mentioned has little influence on getting increased traffic from search engines.

graemepark
10-12-2008, 11:21 PM
damnduck.co.uk

:(

domedia
10-13-2008, 01:51 PM
As far as Google and Yahoo search engines are concerned, they do not give any results on your domain, most likely because they do not know your website exists yet. Make sure the search engines can find your site from links on other sites. You can put it in your signature in your posts in this forum for example.

graemepark
10-13-2008, 05:07 PM
do i just put my link all over the place then?

domedia
10-13-2008, 05:11 PM
do i just put my link all over the place then? Yeah, not you most of the time, but other sites. If none even cares to link to your website, the search engines are going to think that your site is worthless. Talk to your friends/colleagues/peers and see if anyone think it would be nice to link to your website.

Corrosive
10-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, not you most of the time, but other sites. If none even cares to link to your website, the search engines are going to think that your site is worthless. Talk to your friends/colleagues/peers and see if anyone think it would be nice to link to your website.

Can I make a couple of suggestions Graham? Well, I will anyway...

1. Register and verify your site with Google. It's easy to do and Google have loads of great advice for good ranking.
2. You are in an ultra-competitive market, bear this in mind.
3. You don't have a lot of copy/text content. This probably isn't helping.
4. Check your spelling, especially on your 'keywords' 'phtography'???
5. I really like the design of your site. It's very well done :)