PDA

View Full Version : Drop Down Values

rico1931
10-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi There folks,

I have a simple Dropdown Menu and I was wondering how I can pass what the user has clicked to the URL. I have the parameters set but when the user presses Submit nothing is passed in the URL. The drop down menu is in a form so I thought it was going to be easy and just select the Value from the form in the parameters list. Here is the code for the drop down list

<form id="Top Drop Down" name="Top Drop Down" method="post" action="">
<select name="Series List" size="1" id="Series List">
<option value="null">* Please pick one *</option>
<option value="1">1</option>
<%
While (NOT rsSeries.EOF)
%>
<option value="<%=(rsSeries.Fields.Item("FRN_ID").Value)%>"><%=(rsSeries.Fields.Item("SER_ID").Value)%></option>
<%
rsSeries.MoveNext()
Wend
If (rsSeries.CursorType > 0) Then
rsSeries.MoveFirst
Else
rsSeries.Requery
End If
%>
</select>

Then here is the code for the button to pass the parameter

<input name="button" type="submit" id="button" onclick="MM_goToURL('parent','/AdminTesting/Facts_Detail.asp?SER_ID=<%=cStr(Request.Form("Series List"))%>');return document.MM_returnValue" value="Submit" />

Any help is great thanks!

rico1931
10-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Drop down Menus can pass information right? Even though its not typed in and just chosen?

domedia
10-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Drop down Menus can pass information right? Even though its not typed in and just chosen? Yes this is their only function. It's why they were made.

your action attribute in the form tag is empty. You have to send the values to a file.