PDA

View Full Version : footers

hummer2001
10-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi,
I'm somewhat of a dreamweaver nub and had a question hopefully some of you gurus will be able to help me with.

I'm attempting to make a div based site and have the normal header div, a few content divs and a footer div. I was wondering if there is a way to set my footer which is 990px wide so that it hugs the bottom of my text div depending on how much text/content is in the text div? and scale the div to the right of the text div so that the bottom of it is in line with the bottom of the text div.

Any help would be really appreciated.

hummer2001
10-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Probably one of the main things im wondering is, do i need to be using tables to achieve this or is it possible with divs?

Thanks for your time.

Corrosive
10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi,
I'm somewhat of a dreamweaver nub and had a question hopefully some of you gurus will be able to help me with.

I'm attempting to make a div based site and have the normal header div, a few content divs and a footer div. I was wondering if there is a way to set my footer which is 990px wide so that it hugs the bottom of my text div depending on how much text/content is in the text div? and scale the div to the right of the text div so that the bottom of it is in line with the bottom of the text div.

Any help would be really appreciated.

If you put everything in a 'wrapper' div then you should be able to achieve this no problem.

hummer2001
10-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks corrosive. I have all the divs in a wrapper so that they are centered, but do you mean all but the footer div?

Corrosive
10-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Is the problem that people dont understand what im talking about, or that no one has an answer to the question ?
Any advise on this appreciated.

Can you post a link or a screen shot with your explanation that might help? I must admit I am having a little trouble knowing what you want to do.

hummer2001
10-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Hello again Corrosive,

You can see my div layout at :

http://www.nthdegree.ie/Samples/ClunyKilliney/

The main content div is the light blue one to the left, the footer obviously the green at the bottom. I need the other purple div to scale with the main content div and the footer to hug the bottom no matter how much content is entered into the main content div in dreamweaver.

Thanks for your help.

Corrosive
10-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Hello again Corrosive,

You can see my div layout at :

http://www.nthdegree.ie/Samples/ClunyKilliney/

The main content div is the light blue one to the left, the footer obviously the green at the bottom. I need the other purple div to scale with the main content div and the footer to hug the bottom no matter how much content is entered into the main content div in dreamweaver.

Thanks for your help.

You need to use relative positioned divs to achieve what you want. I.e. the footer is forced down when your content is added. Try the same layout with relative positioning.