PDA

View Full Version : Creating a CSS template in design view

graemepark
10-04-2008, 08:30 PM
After a long and painful experience with frames in HTML i read the FAQ at the top of this forum and found out i should be using CSS templates instead.

so heading into DW i loaded a blank CSS page and went to proceeed however was shot down when i realised i could not edit this in design view...
am i doing something wrong again?

Corrosive
10-04-2008, 10:31 PM
After a long and painful experience with frames in HTML i read the FAQ at the top of this forum and found out i should be using CSS templates instead.

so heading into DW i loaded a blank CSS page and went to proceeed however was shot down when i realised i could not edit this in design view...
am i doing something wrong again?

Hi Graeme

It's good to hear that you want to take the step to learn CSS. It is the way to go. The actual stylesheet itself doesn't contain any HTML so there is nothing to view. It simply holds the 'rules' to tell the HTML page how to display your site. Go and start reading about CSS. There's loads out there and too much to explain in a post. We will always help you out. :)

Rob_Che
10-05-2008, 09:21 AM
To add to what Corrosive says, it's the CSS that styles what you put into the HTML. for example;
Your HTML might just be;

<body>
<div id="BG"></div>
</body>

But the CSS can make that "div" (A <div> is a container) do lots of things... It can tell it what size, what colour, what position on the page (in relation to other objects or in relation to the page), add borders etc etc...

Cary posted a good link on another thread to here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/

domedia
10-05-2008, 05:32 PM
If you work in design view you can also look into the CSS panel where you don't have to handcode the CSS.