PDA

View Full Version : Web Stats - Understanding them

cocoonfx
10-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Hello Chaps

I regularly check my web stats and there increasing which is all ways great..... however which ones are the most important ones i.e Unique vistors, Page Views or Hits?

:D

domedia
10-03-2008, 03:51 PM
It's data, so whichever one you think is more important(?).. sorry question not making sense mate.. :neutral:

Personally I tend to look for unique visitors to measure the 'popularity' and then page view per visitor to measure 'stickyness'. :-)

If I've done a marketing 'campaign' for a page I will look specifically at that url, it's referrers etc.

What do you usually look at when you go there yourself?

cocoonfx
10-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Hello DM

I normally look at unique visitors, but i wondered if i should be more concerned with the page view. Either way my stats are growing. Thank you

domedia
10-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Hello DM

I normally look at unique visitors, but i wondered if i should be more concerned with the page view.

You still have to say what you're trying to find out :)
It sounds like you really don't look at the stats for anything special, in which case they shouldn't be a concern for you.

Example:
Dave is using the webstats to see if he is blog posts are doing well in the search engines so he can measure how well his marketing efforts are. He will will typically look at referrers, keywords used in search engines and similar metrics.

Jim is using his webstats to see if any of his pages on his ecoomerce site are leading to less conversions than others. Jim is mostly looks at funnels/goals/conversions metrics.

edbr
10-04-2008, 02:51 AM
on my employment site I look for 1 uniques,2 repeat visitors as both are important in this case
then page views to see where i need to pay attention.