PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver vs. FCK Editor

dinah
10-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Someone is steering me in the direction of using the FCK Editor for my website, but so far I don't like it. I would much rather buy Dreamweaver, and I have taken some classes in Dreamweaver. FCK Editor can't be as good as Dreamweaver, can it? Does anyone have any experience using FCK?

Dinah

domedia
10-02-2008, 05:15 PM
You're comparing Apples to Oranges :)

The fckeditor does not make webpages, it's meant for editing snippets of HTML/text.

fckeditor is in the same group as HTMLArea, is often used for non-technical people to be able to update websites, in a CMS for example.

Dreamweaver is for making full websites.

Welcome to the forums btw dinah!

dinah
10-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Ahhh, ok. I've used FrontPage for several years and was wanting to change to Dreamweaver. I was kind of wondering if I was being insulted when this person suggested FCK, because I thought maybe it was something for persons who had never edited a website before. It's true I very seldom do any hand coding, and I prefer a wysiwyg, but I'm not a novice; maybe more in the middle. Anyway, I was trying to figure out this FCK, and I don't care for it at all.

Thanks for your reply!

Dinah

dinah
10-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I forgot to add that I guess I don't see why FCK is needed if I use Dreamweaver or FrontPage. But I'm probably missing something as usual. haha

Dinah

domedia
10-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes what you're missing is that they cannot be compared :-)

You cannot make webpages with the fckeditor.
The fckeditor is a text editor.

Check out the fckeditor and you'll see what I mean. The person that suggested you use the fckeditor was probably not completely understanding what you wanted to do.

dinah
10-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks! I will.

Dinah

digitaldesperad
10-13-2008, 04:27 PM
is one of the most feature rich web based WYSWYG editors. I use it for all my projects. ..i think is great ..i would recommand it to anyone:)

edbr
10-14-2008, 01:56 AM
personally i prefer tinymice