PDA

View Full Version : php security in dw

ayok
10-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi,

Using dreamweaver feature such as mysql connect, bindings, or behavior helps me to speed up my work. however, i need to make sure if the codes that dreamweaver generates are secure.

My question is, do I need to edit the codes for security? or the codes are safe from mysql injection?

Thank you,
ayok

davidj
10-02-2008, 11:23 AM
if your working on a project that requires a level of security then you need to learn the language. You need to be able to confidently write secure code and identify weaknesses in yours and other code. To make your code safe from evils like SQL injection then you have to understand what SQL injection is and then code to protect from it.

Using dreamweaver feature such as mysql connect, bindings, or behavior helps me to speed up my work.

this does not speed up your work. It slows you down and adds to stress when something goes wrong which you cant debug.

Learn the language

domedia
10-02-2008, 01:38 PM
My question is, do I need to edit the codes for security? or the codes are safe from mysql injection? Hi Ayok, it depends really. You're not saying which version of DW you are using.

Dreamweaver 8.0.2 and later has no problem with mysql injection.
If you are using MX2004, follow the instructions on this page:
http://www.adobe.com/go/300b670e

davidj
10-02-2008, 02:58 PM
i think a SQL injection article needs to be written

ayok
10-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Agree davidj, I definitely need it.
IMO, dw's future is speed up my work. Only with a few clicks I can make a login page. No need to write long boring query. I know how to work with php, so I don't mind to trace errors or add my own codes. If i don't know how to do with dw, I can do with my own script.

Thanks domedia, I just need to make sure that it is not vulnerable. I use CS3.