PDA

View Full Version : Feedback wanted

Corrosive
09-30-2008, 05:42 PM
This is the first time I have done this but I am no good with kids or anything to do with them. Meant to be quite simple and child/new parent friendly. Obviously ignore the text in main area this is not a downloaded template :lol:

http://www.steelpress.net/projects/zebra_children/test_layout_one.htm

Thanks for any replies.

edbr
10-01-2008, 01:50 AM
nice and colourful for the kids , but mums might want to see some kids with the clothes. Unless little johnnies has got hold of his parents credit card of course.

Corrosive
10-01-2008, 06:58 AM
nice and colourful for the kids , but mums might want to see some kids with the clothes. Unless little johnnies has got hold of his parents credit card of course.

Oh yes Ed...there will be children in clothes! We just need some input from the client as to what and how many! But, you think the layout/feel is good?

edbr
10-01-2008, 07:17 AM
yes, i think its relevant what you might expect for a kids site in terms of bold bright colours

Rob_Che
10-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I like it... feels friendly.

Two things I would say...
I'd like to see some perspective in the header... Even if it's a sunny/hilly background al'a Tellytubbies...
Second thing would be to get some consistent header/title styles. There doesn't seem to be two the same. I know it's not finished so ignore me if I'm jumping the gun...

Looks nice though - I'd trust it to buy from.

My 2p.

2bz2p
10-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Id say it looks good, though the colors are great for my kids but not me lol.

Though all in all, I like it.
2b

Corrosive
10-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Id say it looks good, though the colors are great for my kids but not me lol.

Though all in all, I like it.
2b

Thanks guys. All useful stuff. I'll keep you posted as it develops.

Corrosive
10-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I like it... feels friendly.

Two things I would say...
I'd like to see some perspective in the header... Even if it's a sunny/hilly background al'a Tellytubbies...
Second thing would be to get some consistent header/title styles. There doesn't seem to be two the same. I know it's not finished so ignore me if I'm jumping the gun...

Looks nice though - I'd trust it to buy from.

My 2p.

Hi Che

Any chance of you ever signing in to MSN fella? :lol:

http://www.steelpress.net/projects/zebra_children/test_layout_one.htm

Telletubbies say eh O. Check the new banner, better or not?

davidj
10-02-2008, 07:34 PM
trouble with kids are they are too imature!

Corrosive
10-02-2008, 07:39 PM
trouble with kids are they are too imature!

What, to appreciate my genius or buy their own clothes? :confused:

davidj
10-02-2008, 07:50 PM
na

just kids in general

cant discuss the intricacies of quantum theory then i don't want to know

Corrosive
10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
na

just kids in general

Oh, I see. Fair point Mate....random, but fair :)

Rob_Che
10-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Discuss what ?
That makes me how old ?

edbr
10-03-2008, 01:22 AM
na

just kids in general

cant discuss the intricacies of quantum theory then i don't want to knowKids i love 'em,fried or boiled!
W.C.Fields

Corrosive
10-03-2008, 06:50 AM
W.C.Fields

Where's my feedback you 'orrible lot? Is the new banner better?

edbr
10-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Banner looks fine to me but i dont like the title bar across the top of the page

Zing
10-03-2008, 07:14 AM
I think it's cool looking. I looks like a playground site which should fit the boat really well. That's some good work there. In my opinion

Rob_Che
10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Where's my feedback you 'orrible lot? Is the new banner better?

GET DONE!

Anyhoo... One day I will sign into MSN and somebody else will be there... I must be working to GMT+25 or something.

I like it... I really like the menu headers too.
I'd like to see all horizontal lines banished from the header ! Crazy I know.
Remove the top bar, curve the horizon line (and maybe add a darker, different horizon line behind it) and even curve the red line at the bottom of the header. I wouldn't cover the Zebra logo up either, get it on top of everything.

If that makes no sense I'll draw it up... Not trying to be a patronising d!ick.

Hopefully I'll catch you on MSN Toby.

2bz2p
10-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Banner looks fine to me but i dont like the title bar across the top of the page

I concur, it didnt dawn on me when I first looked but it throws the uniformity off, though that could be the army in me.

2b

Corrosive
10-03-2008, 05:01 PM
I concur, it didnt dawn on me when I first looked but it throws the uniformity off, though that could be the army in me.

2b

OK, point taken, no one likes the bar at the top except me :cry:

Corrosive
10-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I must be working to GMT+25 or something.

Ha, ha. 'Che time'...like Chico time but slightly less cheesy ;-)

I'd like to see all horizontal lines banished from the header ! Crazy I know.
Remove the top bar, curve the horizon line (and maybe add a darker, different horizon line behind it) and even curve the red line at the bottom of the header.

I think that might be a bit mad for this client and the red line under the banner is good 'ol CSS.

I wouldn't cover the Zebra logo up either, get it on top of everything.

I was also thinking this Rob. It's a good point. Reason I did it is that client has a wooden sign stood outside the shop with a zebra hiding behind some grass. I'll discuss with the client I think.

Not trying to be a patronising d!ick.

Not at all mate. If I didn't respect all of your opinions, I wouldn't ask...probably wouldn't be a member to be honest! :-D

Hopefully I'll catch you on MSN Toby.

Satan will be ice skating to work that day :evil:

edbr
10-04-2008, 02:46 AM
i know its a work in progress but id like to see a pic or two, i say that as i wonder if the bold design will not over power any product pics

Corrosive
10-04-2008, 07:46 AM
i know its a work in progress but id like to see a pic or two, i say that as i wonder if the bold design will not over power any product pics

Hey Ed...I bet it's lovely and warm where you are...It's bloody freezing in old blighty :(

I think we will get some product pics from the client and then offer both banners/designs. I'll let you guys know when it's moved on.

Thanks as always for sensible/constructive critique. You guys rock :grin:

edbr
10-04-2008, 08:24 AM
30 degrees as always

Corrosive
10-04-2008, 08:43 AM
30 degrees as always

Thought you might say that :(

Rob_Che
10-04-2008, 09:48 AM
30 degrees as always
You've obviously never been to Doncaster - the sun trap of the North.

Steakaphagus
10-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Corrosive,
Really really like the site. Think its very kid friendly. Have you thought of putting a smiley face in the sun? may be overkill though.....
Have also shown my wife, who is totally non-web-design, for a 'consumer' point of view: she actually liked the top red banner, as this 'jumped out' at her to clearly state what the site was about - may therefore be the hook that catches the flitting surfer!

Corrosive
10-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi Corrosive,
Really really like the site. Think its very kid friendly. Have you thought of putting a smiley face in the sun? may be overkill though.....
Have also shown my wife, who is totally non-web-design, for a 'consumer' point of view: she actually liked the top red banner, as this 'jumped out' at her to clearly state what the site was about - may therefore be the hook that catches the flitting surfer!

Thanks mate. It's great to get a non-webby eye. I showed some mums at work (day job) yesterday and it went down very well. That was exactly my thinking with the red banner and also for SEO. I think I'll let the client decide. Thanks again for the feedback it's always appreciated. :grin: