PDA

View Full Version : Adding movement to site banner

initialimpressions
09-29-2008, 07:37 AM
What is the best way to add movement to a site banner?

I've downloaded an animated file from istockphoto, but it's a Quicktime file. I've tried to create a Flash file from this using Flash CS3, but when I publish it, it's not showing on the page.

I've uploaded the .swf file, .flv file, .fla file and the javascript file created by Flash. It shows when I test the page, but it simply doesn't show after I put the file onto my webserver.

Rob_Che
09-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Can you show us the link please ?

Rob

initialimpressions
10-01-2008, 11:33 AM
I now seem to have the Flash animation showing up on the site, but have discovered that the house image is too small for my needs (which I can obviously fix by getting a larger version) and more importantly can't figure out how to either (a) make the background of the Flash animation transparent or (b) push it behind the red strip that it is lying on top of. Any ideas anyone?

The page I am talking about is here (http://www.sellformoreingreaterspringfield.info/index2.html).

initialimpressions
10-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok, I think I have the size/layer issue sorted now ... edited the file size in Flash.

Next thing I can't work out is how to make the Flash on a continual loop so that the house keeps jumping over and over and over whilever someone is on the webpage. I would really appreciated any help!!!

Rob_Che
10-01-2008, 08:40 PM
I don't see the flash ?

initialimpressions
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Nor do I now!!! I'm not sure what's happened to it - it was there several hours ago!!!

Will try to get it working again.

initialimpressions
10-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Ok, the (very) little guy's back now! Should be working here (http://www.sellformoreingreaterspringfield.info/index2.html).

initialimpressions
10-02-2008, 01:39 AM
Still need help with the loop though ... wasn't sure if that was clear from my last post! :)

cocoonfx
10-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Hello

So what do you want to do with the loop?

If you could advise i then may be able to help you with the flash side of things.
:confused:

initialimpressions
10-06-2008, 04:54 AM
So what do you want to do with the loop?

Basically I want it to just continue looping over and over and over again, so that the little house in the Flash keeps jumping and jumping and jumping and jumping.

cocoonfx
10-06-2008, 07:10 AM
hello

Thats easy, just remove the action script in the time line which says Stop();

It will then play continuously.

Rob_Che
10-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Or goto and play 1 in last frame . . .

initialimpressions
10-07-2008, 01:01 AM
hello

Thats easy, just remove the action script in the time line which says Stop();

It will then play continuously.

At the risk of sounding very dumb, I couldn't find where it says Stop();

Is this in the action script in the .fla file? At the moment, my script appears to be blank. Using only one keyframe too.

Sorry ... am totally new to this and totally confused!!!

initialimpressions
10-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Or goto and play 1 in last frame . . .

Rob, what do you mean by this?

cocoonfx
10-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Hello

Stop(); and gotoAndPlay() are action script commands in Flash. They basically control the flash movie or file.

In the .fla file goto the time lines. In one of the layers there should be an "a" press F9 and then the action script window will appear. In there you should see some code.

If not then upload the .fla to this post and i can have a look for you. But please take a look at the tutorial. (the sound quality on the tutorial reflects the 5 headphones and mike and also i was recovering from a nose operation so i had tampon shoved up my nose.)

http://cocoonfxmedia.co.uk/fla/creatingtweens1.html