View Full Version : for guitarists

davidj
09-27-2008, 06:33 PM
are these gorgeous or what

would love to hear them

http://www.teuffel.com/english/guitars/prodigy/triplet/triplet.htm

Rob_Che
09-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Wow, remind me of the BMW concept interior from a few years ago...

http://www.diseno-art.com/images_2/BMW_GINA_concept_car_interior.jpg
There is a better example of that interior... I'l keep searching.

Like to have a go. I'd feel a right gimp rolling up to our local venues with one though... i think I'd get killed.

Corrosive
09-28-2008, 06:42 PM
are these gorgeous or what

would love to hear them

http://www.teuffel.com/english/guitars/prodigy/triplet/triplet.htm

Cool, those guitars are mad...and expensive no doubt. I like the third one (the one with the headstock). The wooden pickups and volume/tone knobs look smart. Do you reckon they sound good or is it an exercise in design?

davidj
09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
apparently they have a strat sound as apposed to a Gibson

i prefer the warmth of a Gibson but id have these as art

Corrosive
09-28-2008, 07:54 PM
apparently they have a strat sound as apposed to a Gibson

i prefer the warmth of a Gibson but id have these as art

Yes, they would look good on any wall. I had an SG once, it sounded fantastic but I had to let it go to fund my student lifestyle :( Really wish that I hadn't done it now but you don't think about stuff like that when you are 19.

davidj
09-28-2008, 08:15 PM
only one man can play an SG and if your name is not ANGUS its not you!

I always liked the PRS guitars but its what the city boys buy when decorating their lofts (playing not necessary)

got a Les Paul at the moment but haven't played it in ages. Was going to get into some blues slide which was on my list of things to learn

Corrosive
09-28-2008, 08:33 PM
only one man can play an SG and if your name is not ANGUS its not you!

Not sure I could get away with the schoolboy look either lol. I haven't played in years. Reckon I could only remember three or four chords now...well, that's the entire Ramones and Quo back catalogue taken care of!

Favourite guitar player DJ? I couldn't choose between three, Matt Bellamy (Muse), Dave Navarro (Janes Addiction) and J Mascis (Dinosaur Jnr.)

...and there's always Johnny Marr!

domedia
09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Malmsteen, Van Halen, Satriani.. need I say more? ;)
Angus Young is the only reason I ever wanted an SG... One day I'll have one.

Rob_Che
09-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Malmsteen, Van Halen, Satriani.. need I say more?

You don't DESERVE to say any more !
They're the coders of the guitar world !

I play a Burns. It's the only guitar I've owned that you can select bridge and neck pickups, so in effect it has a 6-position selector. (strat only has 5 - and tham Gibbons only have 3 ! p'ah!)

MORE POSITIONS, YOU HEAR !? Still not as many as Prince tho.

davidj
09-28-2008, 10:16 PM
They're the coders of the guitar world !

LMFAO

that is so true

i admire their skill but to be too technical of a player removes the enjoyment to a certain degree although adds wow factor. You soon get overdosed on widdly widdly guitar.

i think the NME wrote once about clapton..... "its not the notes he plays that make him brilliant its the notes he doesn't play"!

haha ...

Rob_Che
09-28-2008, 10:37 PM
You need a new "Book of Quotes to impress people I've never met on the internet"

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28046&page=4
(http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28046&page=4)

davidj
09-28-2008, 10:46 PM
i was sure id posted that but thought it was years ago

shucks

Rob_Che
09-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Sorry I think I was too harsh... No offence intended. I'm not gay or owt.

edbr
09-29-2008, 02:00 AM
there is an amazing Balinese jazz guitarist called Balawan . I know there is a few vids of him on youtube, different style from above but more like Stanley Jordan. check it out.

Corrosive
09-29-2008, 08:39 AM
You soon get overdosed on widdly widdly guitar.

I have to agree with this DJ. I bought a Malmsteen CD once (actually, it might have been so long ago that it was on cassette) and it was just too technical for my tastes. I like a dirty, grungy sound...but played well.

Rob_Che
09-29-2008, 11:11 AM
I have to agree with this DJ. I bought a Malmsteen CD once (actually, it might have been so long ago that it was on cassette) and it was just too technical for my tastes. I like a dirty, grungy sound...but played well.

Dave Navarro / Fruscianti then ?

Corrosive
09-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Dave Navarro / Fruscianti then ?

Are you asking for an opinion on which is better Rob? If so, tough to say. Fruscianti brought more to RHCP in my opinion but Navarro on Jane's Addiction, Nothing's Shocking is just awesome. One Hot Minute wouldn't be in my top RHCP records and I think that was the only studio album DN played on.

You Rob? Which axemen get your vote?

nias6969
09-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Good post
My very humble thought's run as
Alvin Lee (Ten Years After) for "I'm coming home" at Woodstock
Dave Navarro (Janes Addiction) for "Three Days"
(Lynyrd Skynyrd) for "Freebird" live on the OGWT-- Jesus. never seen two guitarist's make music look so ****ing easy (if only it was !!) 12 minutes of heaven.

www.royaljazzguitars.co.uk (http://www.royaljazzguitars.co.uk) my brothers site, his a self taught maker of gyspy/jazz guitars, seeing the list made on guitar players by other members, these may not be to everyones taste, but his my brother very talented & will be pleased for the visits.

Corrosive
09-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Good post
(Lynyrd Skynyrd) for "Freebird" live on the OGWT-- Jesus. never seen two guitarist's make music look so ****ing easy (if only it was !!) 12 minutes of heaven.

www.royaljazzguitars.co.uk (http://www.royaljazzguitars.co.uk) my brothers site, his a self taught maker of gyspy/jazz guitars, seeing the list made on guitar players by other members, these may not be to everyones taste, but his my brother very talented & will be pleased for the visits.

Wow, he builds those by hand? That is one hell of a talent :mrgreen:

Another vote for Dave Navarro...Kudos!

nias6969
09-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks Corrsive.
Wiil pass on your praise, he will be stoked.
Also forgot to mention the bass player for "Ten Years After" I think his name is Leo Lyons and MAN if you ever want to see someone deep into a rhythm-----check him out

davidj
09-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Good post

Alvin Lee.... Memories come flooding back. Amazing!

i understand your appreciation but maybe over hyped?

What a guitar legend. That song will last forever. Im 40 now and just think when these kids of today become musically aware (not pussy cat dolls) they have a massive history to sift through. It would be a journey of enjoyment

www.royaljazzguitars.co.uk (http://www.royaljazzguitars.co.uk/) my brothers site, his a self taught maker of gyspy/jazz guitars, seeing the list made on guitar players by other members, these may not be to everyones taste, but his my brother very talented & will be pleased for the visits

If your brother makes those then he is a craftsman of skilltasticness

Massive respect goes to him

a post worthy of a huge highfive with oodles of respect

Rob_Che
09-29-2008, 10:15 PM
You Rob? Which axemen get your vote?

I was SO pleased when Frusciante came back from the dead (quite literally)...
I stopped listening at Mother's Milk and came back for Californication.

My hero though is Duane Dennison (The Jesus Lizard / Tomahawk)
Legend.

edbr
09-30-2008, 06:13 AM
check these vids of Balawan that i mentioned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_lKcPampi0&feature=related
and here playing 2 guitars at once, I kid you not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66moW7AW9lI&feature=related

Corrosive
09-30-2008, 07:40 AM
i understand your appreciation but maybe over hyped?

Absolutely no way DJ!

nias6969
09-30-2008, 09:39 AM
check these vids of Balawan that i mentioned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_lKcPampi0&feature=related
and here playing 2 guitars at once, I kid you not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66moW7AW9lI&feature=related

Very, very cool.

Maybe should expand this post to best band,drummer,bassist etc. Figure we could all expand our knowledge of music along with Dreamweaver (after all I guess we all listen whilst working, and for sure for me, I try and tailor my music choice to my latest site work)

Got the "Queens of Stoneage" on at the moment and it seems to be helping!!!!!!!

edbr
09-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Alvin Lee.... Memories come flooding back. Amazing!
tell me about it! Being a brit i was not at woodstock but saw him around the same time.

nias6969
09-30-2008, 10:22 AM
"Im 40 now and just think when these kids of today become musically aware (not pussy cat dolls) they have a massive history to sift through. It would be a journey of enjoyment"

davidj
So agree with you on the "history to sift through", saw P J Harvey not so long ago and she had a young guitarist/drummer with her who was amazing (pretty sure he "sifted" as learner)

Thanks for the visit to my brothers guitar site and the kind words.....Yep makes them in his garden shed!!!

Corrosive
09-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Got the "Queens of Stoneage" on at the moment and it seems to be helping!!!!!!!

He, he. What are you building dude??

Bass player for me would still have to be Steve 'Harry' Harris from Iron Maiden. There is a bass line from Rime of the Ancient Mariner which they play on Live After Death and you can't see his fingers move...it's just a blur...awesome :)

Drummer, Dave Grohl.

Corrosive
09-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Right, my next project is kiddies clothing...suggestions of what to listen to please.

edbr
09-30-2008, 12:41 PM
teletubbies greatest hits

domedia
09-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Right, my next project is kiddies clothing...suggestions of what to listen to please.
Barbie Girl - Aqua

edbr
09-30-2008, 12:48 PM
nothing by Gary Glitter!!

Corrosive
09-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Barbie Girl - Aqua

I was kinda hoping at least one of you would suggest Slayer's 'Decade or Aggression' but sadly, no :(

Corrosive
09-30-2008, 12:50 PM
nothing by Gary Glitter!!

Do you wanna be in my gang then Ed?

nias6969
09-30-2008, 01:33 PM
He, he. What are you building dude??

Bass player for me would still have to be Steve 'Harry' Harris from Iron Maiden. There is a bass line from Rime of the Ancient Mariner which they play on Live After Death and you can't see his fingers move...it's just a blur...awesome :)

Drummer, Dave Grohl.

Corrosive-- working on my 1st ever dreamwever site, it's going to be my small start up business site. Don't want to say too much at the mo, but when its near completion will post it up for plenty of critque!!
Im trying to create some buttons in flash (steep learning curve here for me) and its not going too well (will get there) so its " Flamenco!" on the speakers, spanish say it's music from the bottom of the well- so it suits

Will check out the track from Iron Madien

Dave Grohl ---agree bigtime, however check out DEVO reunion 1996 at Irwine meadows, they drafted in this young guy (thinks his name is Josh Freese -anyone know where he is now?) and by the last 7 or 8 songs he is something else.

Have a good one mate

Corrosive
09-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Corrosive-- working on my 1st ever dreamwever site, it's going to be my small start up business site. Don't want to say too much at the mo, but when its near completion will post it up for plenty of critque!!
Im trying to create some buttons in flash (steep learning curve here for me) and its not going too well (will get there) so its " Flamenco!" on the speakers, spanish say it's music from the bottom of the well- so it suits

Will check out the track from Iron Madien

Dave Grohl ---agree bigtime, however check out DEVO reunion 1996 at Irwine meadows, they drafted in this young guy (thinks his name is Josh Freese -anyone know where he is now?) and by the last 7 or 8 songs he is something else.

Have a good one mate

Cool, looks like I've got a few things to go and check out. We should all chat about music more often as it is what keeps us sane when we are holed up building websites. Great thread guys :)

nias6969
09-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Cool, looks like I've got a few things to go and check out. We should all chat about music more often as it is what keeps us sane when we are holed up building websites. Great thread guys :)

---------------------"SECOND THAT EMOTION" :)------------------------

davidj
09-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Your Welcome!

Rob_Che
09-30-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm listening to The Smiths right now . . .

"The boooyyy with a thhoorrnnee a siiiiddeee"

I'm at work - maybe it should be "heaven knows I'm miserable now" ?

Corrosive
09-30-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm listening to The Smiths right now . . .

"The boooyyy with a thhoorrnnee a siiiiddeee"

I'm at work - maybe it should be "heaven knows I'm miserable now" ?

He, he...or 'Frankley Mr Shankley' :wink:

davidj
09-30-2008, 08:24 PM
proper legend.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BliAPzEsao0&feature=related

Snooker loopy nuts are we
Me and him and them and me
We'll show you what we can do
With a load of balls and a snooker cue

Pot the reds then, skrew back
For the yellow green brown blue pink and black
We're all snooker loopy

Now ol' Milo as we all know's
Got loadsa dappa suits
London bred and he keeps his head
'Though he's got Italian roots
Emotional but he keeps his cool
'Til he reaches the finals
And whether he wins or whether he don't
'I always bite me eyeballs'

Now our friend Den, hours he spent
Down the snooker hall
On the old green baize his mates seem amazed
At skills with a snooker ball
And them long shots, he never ever got
Why? The old mind boggles
But nowadays he pots the lot
'Cos I wear these goggles'

Me and him and them and me
We'll show you what we can do
With a load of balls and a snooker cue

Pot the reds then, skrew back
For the yellow green brown blue pink and black
We're all snooker loopy

Now Terry the taff was born in a gaff
In the valleys of the land of song
And as the reds he puts to bed
He likes to sing along
And if I win he says with a grin
It can only help me can't it
I'll celebrate, I'll buy another eight
'Hairbrushes for me barnet'

Now old Willy Thorne his hair's all gone
And his mates all take the rise
His opponent said cover up his head
Cos it's shining in my eyes
When the light shines down on his bare Crown It's a cert he's gonna walk it
It's just not fair giving off that glare
'Perhaps I ought to chalk itc

davidj
10-01-2008, 06:02 PM
BBC 1 @ 10:20pm GMT on Sunday

The history of the Guitar!

Corrosive
10-01-2008, 06:10 PM
BBC 1 @ 10:20pm GMT on Sunday

Spooky, just been downstairs setting my Sky+ for that. Looks excellent. 8)

nias6969
10-01-2008, 10:28 PM
See living in Spain is not all it's cracked up to be (BBC Parliment is my only option --Davidj don't suppose you noticed if it was on there by any chance? )
Anyway this thread has got me sifting through my cd's for sure, Rob Che mentioned "The Smiths" (they were good!!) and now I'm on a Manchester binge. Figure I will start at the top with "James" and work my way down to "Mick -I will bottle it & produce crap for the USA market- Hucknell"
Have a nice one

Corrosive
10-01-2008, 11:24 PM
See living in Spain is not all it's cracked up to be (BBC Parliment is my only option --Davidj don't suppose you noticed if it was on there by any chance? )
Anyway this thread has got me sifting through my cd's for sure, Rob Che mentioned "The Smiths" (they were good!!) and now I'm on a Manchester binge. Figure I will start at the top with "James" and work my way down to "Mick -I will bottle it & produce crap for the USA market- Hucknell"
Have a nice one

BBC iPlayer (bbc.co.uk). I can recommend it far more than listening to Mick Hucknall lol.

Rob_Che
10-03-2008, 12:04 PM
"The Smiths" "Mick Hucknell"
NEVER in th same sentence ! :shock:

Corrosive
10-03-2008, 05:09 PM
NEVER in th same sentence ! :shock:

Ha, ha. Agreed!