PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS3 webpage layout question

Lightstalker01
09-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone,

Im designing a webpage in photoshop CS3 and preparing to move it into Dreamweaver CS3.
This may be a dumb question (im a novice at this)but what size should my canvas be to start with to fill any browser?.
Should I just start with a file that is say 5MB in size and then scale it down in "save for web and devices"?.
I am going to slice the page up and make each piece of text and the main image a seperate slice.

Thankyou!.

Rob_Che
09-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Don't worry about the size of the actual file this isn't what you're transfering, as once you're done designing you'll want to 'flatten' it and then cut it up.

it's the physical size you should be looking at. I start at around 790px wide maximum (to accomodate people on the Island of Umbabu with 800px wide monitors:roll:) . No limit height wise if you're scroling vertically.

Does that answer your question ?

Are you looking to design it using CSS ?

Rob

domedia
09-27-2008, 09:55 PM
I start at around 790px wide maximum (to accomodate people on the Island of Umbabu with 800px wide monitors:roll:) 10px is not wide enough for me and those people in Umbabu.. the scrollbar is wider than that. Try something around 760-770px instead ;-)

OT: pst.. send me that team leader graphic.

Rob_Che
09-28-2008, 09:59 AM
10px is not wide enough for me and those people in Umbabu.. the scrollbar is wider than that. Try something around 760-770px instead ;-)

OT: pst.. send me that team leader graphic.

Darn, you got me AGAIN! Just checked my PS files... they're all 770px. *blush*... g'ah

O/T PS: Which TL graphic? Was one decided on? MSN/mail me.