PDA

View Full Version : Moblie phone browsers compatibiltiy ?

nias6969
09-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi to all:
Understand the need to make my site/s compatiable with various browsers, but with the i-phone and the new google phone (google's all new os) becoming so popular, are there any tips as too ensuring my (& other's) sites display correctly ?
Thanks for your time
Peter

Death Dream
09-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi to all:
Understand the need to make my site/s compatiable with various browsers, but with the i-phone and the new google phone (google's all new os) becoming so popular, are there any tips as too ensuring my (& other's) sites display correctly ?
Thanks for your time
Peter

Actually there was some software with my dreamweaver (at least I think that is where it came from) that let you look at it from a phone perspective. Pick the phone model and so on.

~Death Dream~

Cary
09-25-2008, 04:54 AM
As Death Dream mentions, DW CS3 comes with Adobe Device Central CS3 which simulates the rendering of pages in various cell phones and such. I'm not sure how useful the info on these pages will be:

http://www.operamini.com/developer/

The first post on this page has some links which may help:
http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=135132

davidj
09-25-2008, 06:49 AM
was that the WAP development tool?

is WAP still used?

this forum performs well on a mobile browser. It collapses very well to display whats needed. Don't know if this is deliberate but it does a good job

edbr
09-25-2008, 07:24 AM
yes WAP is still used in some places,

domedia
09-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Isn't WAP for older cellphones?
Doesn't all cellphones have the capability to run Opera Mini or their own built in browser? iPhone uses webkit and Blackberry I guess have IE, and everyone else can just add Opera Mini?

OT: That was 3 questions, and this is number four?

2bz2p
09-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Well with my banks site they just created a sub-domain for mobile phones and used less graphics and what not to allow for online banking.

2b