PDA

View Full Version : upgrade old website-need an access??

katecher
09-23-2008, 03:30 PM
If anybody can help me. I am trying to use the same domain name to upgrade a website. So far customer gave me a paasword and referal to doteasy.com. what should I do next, where can i find information so i can get access to that website previously done. do i need to registar?

gmcrone
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM
From your client get:
Username
Password

Then you can FTP to the site using the above.
In your FTP program, just type in web address of site (www.clients site.com) and enter in the username and password.

Mike....

katecher
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
so before even entering customer's website. I can create on dw a connection to ftp site and enter user and password, right? or i can use user and password on hosting site i am going to use. if I will get connect then i can delite everything from there and start all over again with new site?????

Corrosive
09-23-2008, 04:05 PM
so before even entering customer's website. I can create on dw a connection to ftp site and enter user and password, right? or i can use user and password on hosting site i am going to use. if I will get connect then i can delite everything from there and start all over again with new site?????

Yes, that's correct. If you define the site correctly in DW you will be able to connect and see what is currently in the public folders. You can then delete or change what you need to.

katecher
09-23-2008, 04:19 PM
after i will define the website, what about if this old website was created on diffrent application i still can remove it right??

gmcrone
09-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, the application it was built with does not matter.

Mike...

gmcrone
09-23-2008, 04:25 PM

If you are moving to a new hosting site, then you will need the username , passcode, and FTP address of the new site. Your new host will give you the FTP info you will need.

If you are staying on the same host (doteasy) just use the info your client gives you.

Mike...