PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Image Gallery... Help?

DanB0328
09-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to create a simple, but custom, image gallery in DW CS3 to display pieces of my work on a website and was wondering if anyone had some ideas of how to go about it. In the image attached, you will see that I have an image area along with type below it and left and right arrows to the side for navigation. All I want is to have the arrows navigate back and forth through the images. The type below the images could be part of the image if it make it easier. Any ideas? Thanks.

domedia
09-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi Dan, what exactly do you need help with? just a general idea of how to accomplish this?

DanB0328
09-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes please.

domedia
09-19-2008, 07:56 PM
I would divide the page in 3 DIV's, one for the image and one for each column beneath it and then make one page pre image you want to display.

DanB0328
09-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Not sure I know what that means. I understand making the 3 DIVs, but not really about the pre image page. Are you suggesting that each page has a different link on each of the arrows to which image to display? ie. page 1 will have an image/copy and a right arrow that links to the next page (page 2) with the next image, page 2 will have the next image with the left arrow linking to page 1 and the right arrow linking to page 3, and so on? So I would build a new page for each image/copy?

domedia
09-19-2008, 08:52 PM
I think you should look into the template function that comes with DW. I can see that making alot of similar looking pages seems ridiculous :)
The manual/htlp files that ships with DW has the stuff you need to know. Might also want to search this forum and possibly dreamweaver.com if you need more.

d a v e
09-19-2008, 09:04 PM
this might be useful too. http://scooch.gr0w.com/

haven't used it as lightbox did what i needed

DanB0328
09-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Okay. I've tried a few things and can't seem to figure it out. I've tried watching any tutorials that came along with my CS3 suite with no luck. I also tried to make this gallery in Fireworks and Flash. No luck as I am definitely a novice at this sort of thing. Can anyone help some more?

Chapo
09-23-2008, 03:14 AM
Dan... just like Domedia said, you can solve this with Div's.... if you want to make it easier, just make 2 DIV's... one with the image and text below.. and the other one for the side arrows..... just add a single link for each arrow to go to a page, back or front... when the page is changed you add to the arrow another link for another page and so on.

Just make a page for every image. Then in the back and front arrows just add a link for the next page. When you are in the next page you change the link of the arrow for the next page, and for the back arrow just add the link from the previous page. Keep on doing this untill all images are coverded. Its kind of easy.