PDA

View Full Version : why my table is effected by CSS padding?

samifox
09-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Hi ,
Im using CS3 package fireworks - Dreamveaver workflow.

Im having really hard time with tables. Im exporting from fireworks without spacers for specific reason, whenever I adding padding to the CSS that attached to <td> im getting unwanted spaces and all tables are resized.

Its takes me few days to understand what spans are . now that I understand. Its seems like when a cell with text is pushed by padding attribute new spans are being created.

How can I set fixed size for the table cells so they wont change in response to CSS values?

Thanks
S

domedia
09-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi S,
Are you using tables for designing your website?
If you want to use CSS to design your website, you probably shouldn't lay it all out in tables, it kinda defeats the purpose.

samifox
09-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi S,
Are you using tables for designing your website?
If you want to use CSS to design your website, you probably shouldn't lay it all out in tables, it kinda defeats the purpose.

Its very complex design. I cant see how it can be kept in divs and beside I'm a graphic designer I have very low knowledge about html and css coding.

d a v e
09-16-2008, 08:22 PM
maybe you should consider handing it over to a web designer then if you don't have the time or inclination to learn html and css ;)

domedia
09-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Its very complex design. It's really hard (from what I can remember) to do complex designs with tables.

Apart frmo that there's little we can do I think without more information.

edbr
09-17-2008, 01:16 AM
why not post your code for one of the tables in question and the css that is relevant. maybe we can help