PDA

View Full Version : highlighting in code and design views

Barky
09-12-2008, 11:22 PM
How to I get Dreamweaver CS3 9 to highlight both code and design views?

I have an old DW4 version I've used for years, and when I highlight text with the curser in the design view, it simultaneously highlights the text and code in the code view window above it. And vice versa, when I highlight code, it also highlights the corresponding text in the design window. But this does not happen in CS3. They are independent. Is there some switch or preference I am not seeing in order to enable this feature. I can't find it. And it is a real time saver when moving around a large html file.

Barky
09-12-2008, 11:33 PM
I accidentally found one solution. Highlighting in design view, and then hitting ctrl > V will highlight code. Any way to turn this on permanently without having to make those keystrokes?

Cary
09-13-2008, 01:36 AM
How to I get Dreamweaver CS3 9 to highlight both code and design views?

I have an old DW4 version I've used for years, and when I highlight text with the curser in the design view, it simultaneously highlights the text and code in the code view window above it. And vice versa...

This is working fine for me in CS3. In fact, I can't figure out how to prevent it from working.

Barky
09-13-2008, 01:49 AM
very strange...