PDA

View Full Version : putting only - .htm or .html files from a folder on DDW CS3?

Nathan Wright
09-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Two problems

1. I edit a template (via assets), save then it ask to update all files based on this template? I choose update, then close after it has completed. It says update ** files. I then check the site, hit refresh, clear cache, the change does not appear. If I upload a page that is associated with the template, particular page does show the change. Does anyone know what the problem is? What else can I check to help troubleshoot?

2. Because of problem #1, I have to upload all the files in an folder on my site, I select folder, then put. Of course this is not a good idea as it sends *all* files in that folder up, and that takes a long time (20 minutes for one easy change). Anyway to just have .htm and .html files uploaded? Or files I recently edited?

Thanksfor your help in advance.

d a v e
09-11-2008, 09:45 PM
synchronise

Nathan Wright
09-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the response Dave.

synchronise does not work. It is greyed out.

What is the real problem is the templates are not updated. I edite a .dwt file, save in, say yes to update, files are updated. I check, and nothing is updated on website. I try to do a syncronised only to have it greyed out. Any other ideas?

Corrosive
09-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the response Dave.

synchronise does not work. It is greyed out.

What is the real problem is the templates are not updated. I edite a .dwt file, save in, say yes to update, files are updated. I check, and nothing is updated on website. I try to do a syncronised only to have it greyed out. Any other ideas?

Have you correctly applied the template to your pages? Create a new html page, save it and go to modify > templates > apply template to page and select the template from the list. Templates should work no problem.

Nathan Wright
09-15-2008, 06:55 PM
I created a blank html, applied the template to it, saved it, put it up on website. This worked. However, I am still not seeing the template changes on the other pages that use this same template. Any other ideas? It seems the only way I can get this to work is to manually upload the 57 files that use this template. Surely there has to be a better way?|

Corrosive
09-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I created a blank html, applied the template to it, saved it, put it up on website. This worked. However, I am still not seeing the template changes on the other pages that use this same template. Any other ideas? It seems the only way I can get this to work is to manually upload the 57 files that use this template. Surely there has to be a better way?|

Sorry Nathan I think I misunderstood your question. What I don't understand is why 'synchronize' is greyed out. This would be the best way to do it. Have you checked the help?