PDA

View Full Version : Link Colour - simple issue?

joe_stas
09-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone
SOrry for asking a question that there is probably a simple answer too.

I am using CS3 and I I have laid out my page, with all the links. I want the links to all be different colours - not one uniform 'page link' colour. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks a lot

edbr
09-09-2008, 10:14 AM
check this there are some examples
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28749

Luke196
09-09-2008, 10:19 AM
First you'd have to let us know which "state" you were wanting to change colors at.

The hover state is what would happen to the text if you placed your mouse cursor over the text without clicking; on typical websites, this will just make the text blue and underline it. This lets people know that its a link.

An active state is what happens to the link after it is clicked to let you know that you have clicked in the right place. Typically, the blue of the link will change to gray.

If you want to change the color of the text alone, make sure your properties panel is open and highlight the text. There is an option in the properties panel to change the color.

If you'd like to change the hover state or active state of the link, make sure your css panel is open. See where you can click between 'current' and 'all'? With your text highlighted, click 'current' and scoll to the bottom. The last two attributes of the text represent 'hover state' and 'active state'. Decide which state you want to alter, double click, and a new menu will come up. This is where you can alter css. Make sure 'type' is highlighted on the submenu to the left and select your color. When you preview the page in a web browser the link should respond the way you want it to.

Hope this helps!

joe_stas
09-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Hi there
Thanks for the replies

Simply, I just want the colour of the link to stay the same.. I don't want a hover colour or a visited link colour. I want to be able to have a list of links that all have different fonts and colours that don't change when clicked.
Thanks

Luke196
09-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Than follow my directions from before. Just make sure that the hover state and active state are the same colors as the original link. You cannot delete a state, but you CAN make it the same as the original.

joe_stas
09-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Thanks a lot.

I've now narrowed the issue down to when I have writing in 'cells' and I want to link it.

On page properties, the colour of the text will show as black, but the writing will still be the blue 'link colour'. Is there something I'm missing?

joe_stas
09-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Or maybe not.. This is really strange. I have one 'style' set up.. and that will work.... but if I dont want it the colour of that style, it stays blue..

edbr
09-10-2008, 01:25 AM
check the examples i posted, it gives you different styled links on the same page thats what you asked no?

initialimpressions
09-11-2008, 06:20 AM
check the examples i posted, it gives you different styled links on the same page thats what you asked no?

Ed is right (as he mostly is from what I hear!!!)

I asked a similar question only a few days ago and the link he has provided enabled me to find the solution. Thanks Ed, by the way! :grin: