PDA

View Full Version : Login page redirects to UNIQUE landing page?

putsch
09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Hello,

I've been searching for quite a while now without success...

What i need using php and Dreaweaver CS3... is a way to create a login page which would redirect users to a UNIQUE landing page ... basically an html page where each client would get there information and there own page.

I would prefer using the built-in login user system dreamweaver offers. ive attached a pic of what i did in the login user dreamweaver offers.

I basically created a URL variable named VARlink that relates to a 'link' field in the users database thru a recordset, and tried to link the 'if login succeeds go to' to the variable: typing: <?php echo $_GET['VARlink']; ?>

I am so confused, I might not even be capable of making myself comprehensible as to what I attempt. Maybe the simplest way is to wait and see if someone who gets it comes to an idea.

Hope i am clear as to what i want. Thanks!

edbr
09-09-2008, 02:24 AM
post the code

edbr
09-09-2008, 02:26 AM
if you put
<?php echo $_GET['VARlink']; ?> on your page is it carrying that value?

lux
09-09-2008, 09:00 AM
If you want to do this the right way then learn some php. There are great Video Tutorials on this site. The link is up there ^.

Otherwise there are books about which walk you through this sort of thing. Check out the book section. The list is very comprehensive.

Or check out the help section in Dreamweaver.