PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop Elements

Kymberly
09-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Can anyone please let me know how to slice in Adobe PS Elements?

neonfluxx
09-08-2008, 03:05 PM
no slice tool in elements. you need photoshop.

Kymberly
09-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks for that ..

Death Dream
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
I've never used PS elements but in photoshop I never used the slice tool either. When it comes to slicing I just crop the image to the part I want, save as for web, and then undo the crop and repeat.

~Death Dream~

Kymberly
09-08-2008, 05:07 PM
I see what you are saying. I have been spending some hours on the net here looking for what I need. They range from $99.00 to $999.00. I am not sure what I am going to do about that. Seems strange that some are so cheap and others not. Not sure I understand that. I will however try the crop suggestion as improvising is something I am familiar with. How do you manage to not leave slight gaps in between cropping.? I mean, how are you able to be precise?
Thank you.

Corrosive
09-08-2008, 05:18 PM
I see what you are saying. I have been spending some hours on the net here looking for what I need. They range from $99.00 to $999.00. I am not sure what I am going to do about that. Seems strange that some are so cheap and others not. Not sure I understand that. I will however try the crop suggestion as improvising is something I am familiar with. How do you manage to not leave slight gaps in between cropping.? I mean, how are you able to be precise?
Thank you.

I have some quite odd ways of doing things but if I mock up a whole page in PS and I know that my banner needs to be exactly 800px X 150px then I will open a new project with those dimensions, select it all with the 'marquee' tool and then drag the marquee over to my mock up. That way I know it is the right size. I then copy and paste it onto the new project I have created and my banner is exactly the right size with no gaps...but as I said, I work funny :wink:

Kymberly
09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I have a bit here to try now. That's good .. I needed something.
Thank you for your tips. Think I will try them tomorrow when I have had some sleep.
Thanks again.

Corrosive
09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
I have a bit here to try now. That's good .. I needed something.
Thank you for your tips. Think I will try them tomorrow when I have had some sleep.
Thanks again.

If you haven't already, put your 'smart guides' on as well. That helps.

Rob_Che
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Get yer guides out !
Be careful though, make sure you zoom in if you're working up to a guide.
They have a nasty habit of leaving a 1px gap. Just crop this off.

I've never used slices - that's why I waited to see if anyone else answered it first ! ;)

Rob