PDA

View Full Version : firework virsus photoshop

pc15
09-08-2008, 04:06 AM
Hi,
I am new to web...i would like to know which tool is better - photoshop or fireworks.

thanx

Corrosive
09-08-2008, 05:51 AM
Hi,
I am new to web...i would like to know which tool is better - photoshop or fireworks.

thanx

That's a really hard question. It depends on so much. Overall I'd take Photoshop but it's what I've always had on my PC (even when I had it and didn't how how to use it :wink: )

edbr
09-08-2008, 06:18 AM
i looked at fireworks yesterday for the first time in ages and all in all it has improved a lot. Having said that i wouldnt swap for photoshop, maybe just because i'm used to it

Rob_Che
09-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Photoshop is Lord... (I've never used fireworks)

Cary
09-09-2008, 01:20 AM
They're both better at different things, though I'm pretty sure PS is better at more.

d a v e
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
try the trials yourself from adobe.com ;)

domedia
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
'better' ?
in relation to what? :)

gmcrone
09-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Photoshop is primarily an image editing application. It works mostly in a raster format.
If you want to manipulate images, it is THE application.
It can be used for other purposes, but is first and foremost an image editing app.

Fireworks original purpose was for web design. It is not an image editing application(even tho some image manipulation is possible). In my opinion it is far superior to Photoshop for making web layouts and comps. It works in a vector format but saves your layout/comps to raster format for use on the web.

The best option is to have both, if you can afford it.

If you are just using downloaded web templates, use Photoshop.
If you want to create your own, use Fireworks.

You can download a trial version of each (as was mentioned previously) and try them out, then decide which works better for you.

Mike....

krzy
10-25-2013, 08:49 AM
different software for different purposes:D