PDA

View Full Version : opening images in new windows

DarkBlueAnt
08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi, I don't know much about Dreamweaver, but I'm designing a site for people who don't know ANYTHING about computers and have absolutely no ability to understand them. I'm trying to make their site as simple to edit as possible.

So anyway, I want to be able to have a photo open in a new window and have the window open in a size that is cropped to the image. I know how to open a link in a new window using _blank, but that doesn't seem to be specific enough to allow me to change the size of the new window. I also have seen it done using hotspots, but if the people I'm doing it for want to change the pictures, they're not going to understand how to edit that.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bonus question: How do I connect a Dreamweaver site to an FTP that you log into using a manager page (West Host). I've tried filling in quite a few things but I keep failing to connect.

edbr
09-01-2008, 01:31 AM
you could use javascript (behaviours) or see a post made last week where davidj gave a code snippet.
how will your clients edit? This sounds like a barrel of problems coming you might want to think about joomla,

Rob_Che
09-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Bonus question: How do I connect a Dreamweaver site to an FTP that you log into using a manager page (West Host). I've tried filling in quite a few things but I keep failing to connect.

You should have all the instructions supplied when you got your welcome email from your host with your username host (often this will be ftp.yourdomain.com (ftp://ftp.yourdomain.com))... Your password you should know...

See if you need to check the 'Passive FTP' box too...