PDA

View Full Version : Layout issue

africano
08-30-2008, 12:26 AM
For my design Ive got a Header,Navbar, Two side columns (left+right) a Content and a FOOTER.

Now ive sliced up the first design in photoshop and it doesnt Blend all that nicely with my css layout. I think its becase my Navbar extend across my design and therefore breaks my RIGHT colum and its graphic so it doesnt blend.

Here is a link:http://www.elchevirtual.com/Personaltrainer/

If you look at the right column you can see the navbar white background breaks my design.

How can I fix this and any advice on getting it all to blend nicely(header and right colum?)

Another thing. If I add a border around my Content DIV, its breaks my design and shifts the content div to the bottom of the page, I suppose this is because it becomes too wide with a border. Ive tried changing its width etc but to no avail.
Im thinking this might have something to do with paddings or margins which too be honest I dont fully understand and Im currently reading about them.
Any ideas on these topics?
Africano

Corrosive
08-30-2008, 08:43 AM
For my design Ive got a Header,Navbar, Two side columns (left+right) a Content and a FOOTER.

Now ive sliced up the first design in photoshop and it doesnt Blend all that nicely with my css layout. I think its becase my Navbar extend across my design and therefore breaks my RIGHT colum and its graphic so it doesnt blend.

Here is a link:http://www.elchevirtual.com/Personaltrainer/

If you look at the right column you can see the navbar white background breaks my design.

How can I fix this and any advice on getting it all to blend nicely(header and right colum?)

Another thing. If I add a border around my Content DIV, its breaks my design and shifts the content div to the bottom of the page, I suppose this is because it becomes too wide with a border. Ive tried changing its width etc but to no avail.
Im thinking this might have something to do with paddings or margins which too be honest I dont fully understand and Im currently reading about them.
Any ideas on these topics?
Africano

Morning mate

Two things there. Can you set the background colour properties of your nav bar? If so, take the background colour out and it should be transparent.

It took me a while to get mu head round the box model. The full width of your div must take into account extra margins, padding and borders. Take the total width of these off the width you have set for your div and it should fall back into place.

Chapo
08-31-2008, 05:47 AM
hey corrosive... you finally changed your Terminator look with that new pic

Corrosive
08-31-2008, 07:09 AM
hey corrosive... you finally changed your Terminator look with that new pic

Yes I did. I think more people should have avatars. There's only a handful on here who use them. You not got a publicity shot or anything you could put up Chapo?

Chapo
09-01-2008, 05:36 AM
I don't know how to add a pic.... can i do that ?

Cary
09-01-2008, 06:22 AM
You can access that option by clicking on the "User CP" link (next to FAQ and Members List). Then you'll see the "Edit Avatar" link.