PDA

View Full Version : advanced email links

adele
08-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi, I'm new here. Please can someone try help me with this problem.

I'm trying to customize an email link, in the body area I want to be able to put some text on a new line.

E.g. It should look like this in my browsers email editor once they've clicked on the link on my website.

Please rate the following from 1 to 5 stars.
Service:
Add comment:
Food:
Add comment:
Etc:

This is the code i have at the moment.
mailto:adele@latitudezero.co.za?Subject=Rate my venue&Body=Please rate the following from 1 to 5 stars. Service. Add comment. Food. Add comment."

Corrosive
08-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi, I'm new here. Please can someone try help me with this problem.

I'm trying to customize an email link, in the body area I want to be able to put some text on a new line.

E.g. It should look like this in my browsers email editor once they've clicked on the link on my website.

Please rate the following from 1 to 5 stars.
Service:
Add comment:
Food:
Add comment:
Etc:

This is the code i have at the moment.
mailto:adele@latitudezero.co.za?Subject=Rate my venue&Body=Please rate the following from 1 to 5 stars. Service. Add comment. Food. Add comment."

Hi Adele

Welcome to DWC Forums. Can I first talk you out of doing this with a 'mailto' function? You will get spam, loads of it & all the time.

You need to look at a PHP script to handle the info put into your form. Deal with the outout 'server side' and then mail it to you chosen e-mail address. Have a look at www.hotscripts.com (http://www.hotscripts.com) for some examples. You will be able to manage how the output appears then as well.

adele
08-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks, will look into that.

Rob_Che
08-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Corrosive is right... You're better with a form for what you're looking for.
Try BellMailer as well... this is what I use.

Rob